Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Yeah; that’s why I just told them I was coming in to sign a PO. I didn’t give them an option, and I didn’t ask them because I knew they would have no clue. They were perfectly nice when I went in though. On the way out my MA asked me if I knew about the Mygarage site, even though we had a whole email exchange about why I wanted my production number back in March. SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Seems to me that if they lurked on forums like this one, they just might get some insight into what customers are looking for. That should be valuable information. <And all of the lurking MAs are quietly shaking their heads.>

wally3 and Aquavir like this.
  4. Aquavir likes this.
  5. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

WildHare65 likes this.
  6. Eric Larson

Eric Larson Member

So that was a bust. I got a call back from the MINI executive office. Not helpful. Regarding if we’d qualify for the tax credit under the transition clause, she referred me back to talking with my local dealer, since it was “a sales issue”. Pretty scripted and robotic, with no sympathy or offers regarding our cars being stuck in QC for 2 months.

Xin Dai likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

[​IMG]

It’s getting real (this is the switch back to “in transit” after flipping back to “at the port”). Now if only my MA would get back to me with a delivery date so I can activate insurance and close with my credit union today or tomorrow.

9. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    Dealers are trying to close as many deals as they can by end of month. I'll bet you get an email very soon. How close is your dealer to the port?

10. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

New York to Hartford, two hour drive (depending on traffic). I wonder if it got there late yesterday and the website is just a day behind. I emailed at the beginning of the week to give him a heads up and ask him to email me back when he has a date, but I guess they know as much as we do about when it’ll get there.

11. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Horizon Highway in the gulf and expected to dock in Galveston tomorrow am. At this point I am leaning towards getting the car and hopeful that interpretation of the law will wind up in my favor - my MA said a week ago to expect delivery in mid Septmeber but I ma betting it will be a little earlier.

Hard to believe it after all we have been through....

Aquavir likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Yeah, our tribe in this thread have seen some highs and lows. I still count my blessings because it's still going to be here sooner than people in England get their cars, AND THEY ARE BUILT THERE.

14. Xin Dai

Xin Dai Member

CT
    Congrats to you! I remember ours were on the same ship. Mine still says "at the port", even though Darien is very close to the port... Anyway, we've decided to pass the car on and shop elsewhere instead.

15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Bummer. What vehicle will you get instead?

16. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Sorry to hear that.

Mine now says “at the dealership” and I’m collecting the check from my CU on Tuesday morning before heading over to take delivery. Knock on wood…

abrandt, Hatch, Xin Dai and 2 others like this.
  17. Tony Peng

Tony Peng New Member

IMG_3898.JPG

Finally! Hope there’s no power outage at the dealership in the next two days….

abrandt, Hatch, Xin Dai and 5 others like this.
  18. Eric Larson

Eric Larson Member

My ship, Themis Leader, just passed through the Panama Canal. Now in the Pacific Ocean and close to its final journey home. I’ve decided to finish the purchase. This will be our second Cooper SE, because we love the first one a lot. It’s a great value of a car and super fun to drive!

abrandt, Hatch, Xin Dai and 3 others like this.
  19. luluna

luluna New Member

Newbie question here - the Mini I ordered is current "At the Port". Recently, the Themis, which I understand is a possible carrier for the Mini, docked and departed. Since my status hasn't updated, I assume it didn't make it on the boat? Or is there a time lag?

20. Xin Dai

Xin Dai Member

CT
    Mine skipped "In transit" and also changed to "At the dealership". Your silver white looks great! Now you know the Darien dealer has an available SE (in case a friend of yours is jealous of your mini and needs to get one too!)

Hatch and Aquavir like this.
  21. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Mine took 3-4 days to switch to "in transit" once it got on the boat.

luluna and Hatch like this.
  22. Xin Dai

Xin Dai Member

CT
    I will get a convertible instead. LOL !

abrandt and Aquavir like this.
  23. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You still make a 40 miles round trip daily after 10-15 years later if a car fits your needs don’t thing about different EV at all .