What did you name your Mini and why that name?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Kirk McFarland, Jun 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I like "Elinor" a lot. It's great to have another country represented on this forum. Welcome! Are there many MINI Cooper SEs in Sweden? Do Swedish buyers have a choice of trim levels?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. znorc

znorc New Member

Thank you!

ICE Minis are a fairly regular sight but SE's are pretty rare. It seems that it's a well kept secret in Sweden that the Mini is available as an EV. Everyone I've spoken to is surprised when I say it's an EV (that could also be due to my petrol-headedness). They didn't even know that it was available. Poor marketing from Mini/BMW, I suppose.

Yes, there's three trim levels. Essential, Experience and Maximise. I think you can figure out which is barebones and which is top of the line.

Mini Sweden are kind enough to have the pricelist in English, in case you're curious: https://www.mini.se/media/8614/f56-bev-customer-price-list-012022-se.pdf

Elinor is an Experience with the addition of H/K (it was an option at the time of ordering, now it's included in Exp.), adaptive cruise, piano black trim and tinted windows. The photos are showing the winter wheels. In a couple of months the summer wheels will go on; scissor spoke.

wessy and insightman like this.
  4. Elinor is a great name. My daughter had an 05 MINI Cooper named Eleanor Rigby.
    And I have…

Mike Wazowski
    & more ️ than &

wessy and znorc like this.
  5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

My wife picked up this little magnet for me to highlight the name.
    IMG_6032.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

CorgiCanoe, SpeedyRS and Denise C like this.
  6. LaurieS

LaurieS Active Member

Electric Boogie is official :)

813F5B6F-AA1E-4E82-9F3E-285F2D9D3DC3.jpeg

wessy, insightman, ghost and 3 others like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Very nice! And I really like the license plate frame, where's that from?

LaurieS likes this.
  9. LaurieS

LaurieS Active Member

Thank you. That plate frame is old! Purchased from MINI or on eBay. You can probably still find one.

10. I ended up calling her Hilda. No particular reason why, just liked the name and thought it suited her.

Off-topic, but do other people have problems using this site on mobile? Typing is kind of finicky, the prompt is just ignoring a lot of my keypresses.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hilda sounds like a good name to me. Welcome to the forum!

Some forum members have complained about InsideEVs using up a lot of memory, but I don't remember mobile reponsiveness being a complaint. I use the forum as a diversion from work on my laptop and haven't experienced problems (although some members probably wish I did have a few problems to reduce my over-contributing).

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Minicris

Minicris Member

Loving all the names. We currently just call ours "the mini". In my mind I sometimes refer to her as Stella (Charlize Theron's name in the Italian Job) though, so we'll see if something sticks. PXL_20220729_011146331.jpg

GvilleGuy, MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  14. CrazyLegs17

CrazyLegs17 New Member

I wanted something that seemed at least plausibly British for the name. My wife and I adopted a pair of male cats earlier this year and named the black one Bruce and the brown tabby Clark. Alfred then seemed the obvious choice for the car name, especially when considering the color.

GvilleGuy, MichaelC and Rexsio like this.
  15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I name my SE Rex in Latin means King bc SE is a King of the road.Also name Rex is of Anglo-Saxon origin where Mini Cooper come from Oxford UK .My different explanation came from my member name Rexsio which I made diminutive world of the name Rex which was my late dog name . My Mini Pincher 12 lbs and12” tall was really mini dog with big personality .SE with his name will stay for long in my memory without riding a car without HIM.

GvilleGuy, MichaelC and Puppethead like this.
  16. I am heading to England in late September to do a cruise out of the port of Southampton from which Mike Wazowski sailed to Canada. And two days before I sail, I will have a guided tour of MINI Plant Oxford where Mike Wazowski was built!

Mike Wazowski
    & for more

17. My wife and I named our SE "Carlisle". Much like the others in this thread, we wanted to go with something English and this one seemed like the most obvious choice. :D

MichaelC likes this.
  18. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

Rita - short for margaritas!

19. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Her name will be Poppy, just like the red flower :)

20. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    Ours is gonna be Sally, because my wife just came up with that out of the blue and it's technically going to be her car. Her brother - Scooter - is here waiting for her. He's a dark silver 2006 R53 that we've had since 2013.

GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  21. Barbouille

Barbouille New Member

My BRG will have a French name. The word means « on the quiet », and I think it’s a perfect description for an electric car. Finally, check the suffix! Catimini.

insightman, GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  22. I’m adding to this thread due to the creation of another on this topic. After one and half years of ownership of a 2022 Sig+, my wife and I will acknowledge that we are willing to same our SE. Soon after delivery, we considered the Oxford connection and chose “Endeavour” - brilliant, diligent, slightly flawed. Generally, we don’t name cars but I will report that my wife’s first car, a 1971 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, was known as “Mario.”

Domenick, MichaelC and insightman like this.
  23. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Nicola, because some Bozo beat me to naming my EV Tesla. ;)

insightman and teslarati97 like this.