Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Happened to me while the car was at the port in Oxnard. 1.5% increase. Aargh!! I feel your pain.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Since you are the last one out, the least they can do is give you all season blinker fluid. You have to start a new thread when yours is released from QC quarantine.

MichaelC likes this.
  4. wally3

wally3 Active Member

We haven't seen @abrandt released yet....here's hoping.

NOW - who has the energy and savvy to start figuring out which ship we will be on and start tracking it?

abrandt likes this.
  5. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

FREE AT LAST :)

CorgiCanoe, zellsun, -Amanda and 5 others like this.
  6. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I have spreadsheet that I keep crossing boats off!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Yay!

Feels like we should have a party!

abrandt likes this.
  9. Barbouille

Barbouille New Member

I do not know if I am out of QC… Canadian without my garage! You are giving me so much hope. If mine is out of QC, it might travel on the Elektra to Halifax…. Love that boat’s name!

10. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Heck yeah!

abrandt likes this.
  11. DJCoopster

I just asked my MA and sales manager if they offer tinting and if they thought Mini would cover something like that due to the delay. Might as well get the topic open with them. Heck, I'll be happy with the all weather floormats, but would prefer tinting.

wally3 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. wally3

wally3 Active Member

not a peep from my MA - been pestering him weekly about the status and am surprised he hasn’t reached out to take a victory lap. Guessing he may not even know yet….

14. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

IMHO they are worthless dinosaurs.

15. 1856

1856 New Member

At last (today I see “carrier has been assigned to take care of your MINI.“ My MA says will take approx 40 day to be at dealership. Another battle.
    FYI, I had phone call with bmw mini USA last week. I have to play hard due to to no clear status last 2+ months and did said that all US mini executive are sleeping or went to have fun meeting on mars or finding black holes. Asked the caller to provide detail status. I suggest keep writing to mini USA and scold them as hard but nicely making them responsible for lack of updates and long long shipping time. UNACCEPTABLE. Japan ships faster and so does all Asian counties.

16. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Are you on the west coast? It only takes 8 days from port to port for my car, but about a month to get to California because of the distance and Panama Canal.

SameGuy likes this.
  17. 1856

1856 New Member

Yes, SoCal. They can sip to ant closest port of US and use truck by road. They need to manage delayed car.

18. DJCoopster

That's what you want but not how it works unfortunately. Calling someone at ASK-MINI and making comments about the executives is not 'playing hard' as you put it, it gets nothing done and just makes the customer service rep on the phone feel awkward.

I'm in management for an automotive tier 1 supplier, I have a pretty good idea of how things work and this is an unfortunate situation for all of us, but there isn't much you can do other than wait. If you decide you don't want to, 'your' car will be sold within days to someone else because they are in very high demand and extremely limited availability right now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    CorgiCanoe, SameGuy, Aquavir and 3 others like this.
  19. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

What I've been thinking for most of the time you guys have been in QC is that it's almost like they've "forgotten" to update their internal processes - particularly those dealing with customer support/experience, since the time they started providing customers insight into the current production status of vehicles.

In the olden days before that, the MA/sales person would let you know when it arrived at the dealership as they had no insight either. In the less olden days, if you pushed them, they could provide updates at a few more points in the process. But now, once we have a prod #, we can see the current status - but the apparent process - particularly for those stuck in QC for a long time, seems not to take that into account.

I'm not suggesting that this situation is limited to BMW/Mini either...

20. 1856

1856 New Member

Ok @DJCoopster: Since you are tier 1, no insult but good thing for all of us,why mini executives hiding? They can join this forum and explain instead of you need to defend them, even if you could be right. My thought was to to send my frustration and we all have different wat to express our way. Having said that, do you think it is fair to accept 40 days for their shipping time? If yes, would accept what limit, 50 days or even more. You have some higher limit but I think that 40 days are too many days. Do I have choice? No, except expressing my feeling.

21. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Please take it up with Mini or at least in a shipping thread. We are all in the same boat for shipping times and can’t help you find info for improving that specific issue. I started this thread for people stuck in QC to get information for this specific and unusual issue. We’ve all been very supportive of each other and at the moment, enjoying finally being out of QC. Best of luck to you.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    revorg, Aquavir and SameGuy like this.
  22. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Bottom line: How many more cars will MINI sell by exercising expensive transparency?

The company is building and moving as many cars to customer driveways around the world as they possibly can. Clearly, the minimal transparency they're providing now isn't keeping customers happy. How much happier would customers be if they were able to track every part from every supplier that's holding up the final assembly of their MINI? Not much, I'd venture. The only guarantee of customer happiness would be quick delivery.

My long wait for an electric MINI began in 2009, when the MINI-E appeared, but MINI wouldn't lease one to someone in Michigan. I ordered my MINI Cooper SE as soon after its July 19, 2019, introduction as possible. I was the one providing information about this upcoming car to my dealer, not MINI. My dealer was more interested in selling cars they could actually get.

My SE was delivered 51 weeks after my order was accepted nearly 3 years ago. I've been enjoying the best and most fun car I've ever owned for nearly 2 years. Despite the lack of transparency about delivery problems during my long wait (which included a long factory COVID-19 shutdown), this car was well worth the wait.

As I've said many times on this forum: enjoy the wait--it's rare these days that anything can slow the headlong passage of time. For me, time has returned to it's breakneck speed--I can't believe it's already time for my SE's 2-year service!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  23. wally3

wally3 Active Member

guessing we are all ‘Dispatched from the factory’ now…. feels good to see the progress!

insightman, GvilleGuy and DJCoopster like this.