New Wheels & Painted Calipers for my Cooper SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Glenn Marcucio, Apr 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I liked what someone did on another page where they put the retro Mini Cooper sticker in white vinyl in this area. That's what I plan on doing when mine comes in - removing the EV badging and yellow wheel caps. Looks great!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You did a great job! MINI should have done what you did when they switched the chrome trim to black.

ghost likes this.
  4. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

In 2016 was big deal what you drive today everybody pretends is ICE CAR REMOVING ALL ELECTRIC Badges is that make any sense? FF57ABE2-A09D-4DD7-9F3C-FF6CFEF70EA0.jpeg

5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

By solar means on roof of my house solar panels

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Buy a one on right side no badge no extra work looks the same !
    926229A2-B7DC-4D2E-9590-AD71F9893432.jpeg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

9. BackPack

BackPack Member

I always like to rebadge my cars. Doesn’t matter if ICE or EV. I like the cleaner look and it makes washing the car easier too.

Tifosi likes this.
  10. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

Yea, I have removed all yellow. I hate the yellow!

11. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

I have and it is just two-sided tape. I have also debadged all my cars. I hate the look of logos and badges on the back of cars. I dont need to tell people what model I have, I know and that is enough! I like clean looks!
    IMG_0746e.jpg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ghost

ghost Active Member

The black union jack lights match w/ the grey/black theme.

SameGuy likes this.
  14. Is that a black beltline kit you have installed? Looks good! What brand?

15. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The big question remains: are the turn signals easily converted to Euro?

16. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

@Tifosi where did you get the tail lights? Is the turn signal amber too and the brake lights are red?

Many look exactly the same on eBay and Amazon but I don't know if some are better than others.

SameGuy likes this.
  17. SameGuy

YUL
    Yeah that’s a question being discussed over at MF56.

18. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

Thanks, I love them!

Its factory. I tried the tape and it sucked, so ordered the OE parts.

Not sure what you mean?

I think they are all the same. The signals and brakes are red. No amber. I am ok with a red signal. I dont think the amber signal ones work in the us properly.

ghost likes this.
  19. SameGuy

YUL
    :) Your subsequent reply to @JonR reflected my point. Some of us want Euro turn signals, and getting the smoke-tinted lights is a bonus. In the linked thread at MF56, one of the members is investigating how to accomplish it.

20. I plastidipped mine too but didn't bother taking it off to do it. That's the big advantage of plastidip. You can just peel it off of unwanted sections.

ghost likes this.
  21. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

When you press the brakes, both the vertical and horizontal bars turn red. And when you turn on the turn signal, both the vertical and horizontal bars turn on too. Right?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  22. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

correct. like old school American taillights

23. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Love the debadged look man. I have mine debadged as well, but left the yellow S. Subtle and still clean...

Correct, that's how the factory US lights work. If you want to separate the horizontal and vertical sections you have to buy the factory UK lights, or one of the smoked versions online. Then there is some coding to get the horizontal to properly illuminate for a turn signal. A work in progress on the thread that @SameGuy linked to...