Test drove the Ioniq 5..

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by FloridaSun, Jan 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Nissan Ariya is starting to look good to me.
    I find the Hyundai/KIA dealership experience like going to a Summer camp with no hot water and a shortage of kitchen staff.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I happened upon this thread and didn't read through the entire thing, but it appears that I'm not the only one frustrated in my quest to get an Ioniq 5.

I leased a 2019 Kona EV Limited in May of 2019 and my three year lease is up in about six weeks. I had hoped, when I leased the Kona, that there would be an opportunity at the end of three years to trade in the Kona for something more advanced in the EV line. Things have been moving much more slowly than I expected back then. The Ioniq 5 seems like a fine alternative but, where I live in Southern California, almost impossible to get. The local dealer in Carlsbad has 17 new vehicles listed in inventory on their website but when I call they are all either sold or reserved and waiting to be delivered. So none on the lot (bait and switch?). Worse, is that they still have a $5,000 "market adjustment" which is not obvious on the website, because they list the MSRP next to the vehicle. The true price doesn't become apparent until you dig into the "price details." Since I shopped on their website they are now sending me emails and texts offering to help me shop for a new car, :rolleyes: .

I really like the Kona EV, except that it's a little small. I plan to buy out my lease and keep driving it (it has only 21,000 miles on it and an almost new battery, which is another story lol) until the market adjustment comes off. If that never happens, too bad. I was in there a couple of months ago leasing a new Santa Fe for my wife and discussing the mark-up with one of the sales staff. He said, well you still get the tax credit so the markup isn't really all that much. I guess he doesn't get the point.

4. Crash

Crash Member

I guess that I got luckily as at least two of the MN dealers are selling at MSRP.