Mini Oxford plant production halted due to chip shortage

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CsD, Feb 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. banjineer

banjineer New Member

wessy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

That stinks! One of the BMW group's tier 1 suppliers is Norilsk Nickel (Russia) for steel alloy material.

wessy likes this.
  4. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

Yeah, definitely sucks for those with orders. Stick with it, and stand fast with your orders, and realize it's all worth the wait! If you don't have an immediate need for a car wait it out. Just think about the folks who waited almost a year after their orders were placed. There are so many frustrating factors at play that weren't even considered a couple years ago, so realize all the pressures in making your SE. Yeah, I know -- easy for me to say with mine sitting in my garage...

wessy and Gunner395 like this.
  5. That's my spec too - waiting to be built when Oxford opens back up!

6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Where are you located, able to order blue?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

I wish I could get some info from my salesperson/dealer. I guess I'll call today and just ask for a manager or something. No idea if the order has actually been pushed through to Mini or not (placed reservation on Feb 4th).

Starting to get concerned with the constant plant shut-downs and chip shortage causing delays and possible missing features.

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I have heard from my EV friends in Canada that their federal rebate is expiring at the end of March 2022. Nobody knows if the $5,000 instant rebate is valid for deliveries after April 1, 2022. Here's hoping that you will be ok!

10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

This is what I want to order as a SE. I am content to wait. I know the interest on the note will be higher. I have the light up union jack door sills, winter mats, and should have the mud flaps soon. Just need the car.
    Screenshot_20220301-105030_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    wessy and GvilleGuy like this.
  11. It's a 2022 Electric Collection, not 2023

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

DOH!!! thanks

14. Chicago Ken

Chicago Ken New Member

That is most important feature here in Chicago!

15. Cindy B

Cindy B Member

The camera based ACC works terrible on our SE. We never use it anymore. It's overly sensitive to cars in the adjoining lanes even at the lowest sensitivity setting and can't even be turned on when driving into the sun. It's really annoying since you have to be in ACC before you can switch to normal old fashioned cruise control. I will add on the plus side, in normal cruise control it's smoother than any ICE car we've owned.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  16. RunOnE

RunOnE Member

Oh boy my 2022 better have the heated steering wheel. That's the number 1 new feature.

revorg and insightman like this.
  17. mzeek

mzeek New Member

Ordered my new Mini with "iconic Trim" on 14 March. Dealer sent me a confirmation of my order minus the heated steering wheel and a $100 credit because of it. My feeling is that this item would be difficult, if not impossible, to retrofit. Disappointing but I'll live. It's a nice-to-have rather than an essential component. Think about how often it's used.

18. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Just picked mine up and it did. There's still hope!