2022 DIY on Mini SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Feb 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

3 coats on Calipers Yellow Ceramic high temperature paint a day I have a car .Custom mud flaps , they not available at Dealer for SE .Cut and install by me . C566E298-4F32-431C-BBC4-66259F88A2ED.jpeg

Todd Swift likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

61823FAF-CC9E-48B5-B5C6-7EA0D672510B.jpeg

Jbrando and ghost like this.
  4. Nice. Need some pics with everything put back together. Did you paint all four at once or in pairs?

5. ghost

ghost Active Member

I bought the Por15 caliper paint in energetic yellow for mine. Haven't had time to paint mine, yet. Did you paint the outside of you pads, too?

6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I paint with small nice soft brush from Michaels ,lift a car of ground , take off all wheels , work around nice and easy in a garage you need about 65-70 F to have a good job .I paint each caliper when was dry to tach more light coats better job don’t put a lot of paint at once never going to stick well is a time consuming job about 4 hr. But Is worth looks great with black wheels.I did blue on i3 stick well for 4 years than I did some tuch up after 4 years .The most important is temperature 70F. If you have no garage wait to summer clean calipers with lacquer cleaner and dry them and paint. A tip / from spray can I spray paint to small container like metal tuna can use a brash . Spraying from can directly is a lot of work to put a masking tape on every thing and to me is not worth .

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Please show us a photo of your yellow calipers glowing behind your wheels. Thanks!

10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

89E53602-ABA1-4FF7-9AAE-3B81857121B6.jpeg
    The Revolite wheels are so many spokes you can see really only outside in day time

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I can wait while you cut out half the spokes ;)

Urbanengineer and Jbrando like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I wish a wheel looks like this from 79BA30DB-59AF-4340-BF29-EA7173D611E3.jpeg I 3 to see calipers
    2022 Cooper 2door hard top SE electric go cart

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

At once is faster and you walk around when finish one and 234 the first is ready for paint I put 3thin coat on all

15. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

Always good to see more energetic yellow on the car. If you do really want stock Mini mudflaps, the standard F56 Mini ones fit right on there with no modifications.yours look a bit longer than the stoc ones though so should offer more protection.

D9AE4DDF-6F7E-4E3E-AEB6-E9FD0887A42C.jpeg B865C06C-0713-43F3-AF4D-63E5A67CB562.jpeg

CoachCookie likes this.