Delivery Stories

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Feb 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. There does seem to be a lot of BRG SEs in recent posts! I'm putting a deposit on an Island Blue Electric Collection SE tomorrow. Haven't seen many on this forum!

To those that have ordered with Harmon Kardon, did you get it and what trim do you have?

Martha, KD4KCD, wessy and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

I think there are a couple of Island Blue Collections on here, I’m sure their owners will shout out. It’s a nice colour and I like the “ghost” stripes on it.
    I picked my level 3 / Iconic SE up three weeks ago and the HK system is in the car. There were no omissions from the spec list at all thankfully. I was told that due to the chip shortage Mini couldn’t include the HK system in cars built last summer, but in cars built from late September it was available again, but only if it was in the standard spec for the trim level of the car. If it was ordered on a Level 1 or 2 / Sig or Sig+ trim as an optional extra, Mini said it wouldn’t be installed. That may have changed now but you should be Ok as it should be on the Collection as standard.

simplex123 and GvilleGuy like this.
  4. BRGMini

BRGMini New Member

I am new SE as well and I picked the car up on 12/30/21. Signature Trim in British racing green with a white top and white mirrors.

I have put about 300 miles so far and the range has been as I expected. My commute is about 70 miles RT and I was able to complete that using 60% of the battery in 33-36 degree F weather with a slight drizzle. I had the heat set to 74/auto and occasionally used seat heat. I did precondition the car before I left home but not on the return trip. I only have access to a level 1 charger and quite happy with it so far. I only have to commute to work every other day.

wessy, insightman, GvilleGuy and 2 others like this.
  5. wessy

wessy Active Member

Congratulations and welcome! :)

Mine’s a BRG Signature+, ordered in early Sept. and delivered Dec. 20. Mine has the HK (but the chip shortage deprived me of the optional Driver Assistance Package).

Looking forward to seeing photos of your beautiful new Island Blue Electric Collection when it comes in! :cool:

simplex123 and BRGMini like this.
  6. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

Welcome to the group! We must your Mini’s name. My little SE is Oliver.

IMG_1399.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

F14Scott and GvilleGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

Sorry, must have your Mini’s name.

9. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Three long months later. I finally picked up Ahsoka! IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG IMG_1249.JPG
    Here’s a photo at 100% charge with only 15 miles on. 3.1 mi/kWh but they did drive it to get it washed or something.

Urbanengineer, wessy, chrunck and 7 others like this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Yay! Your long wait is over. Congrats!

Denise C likes this.
  11. ghost

ghost Active Member

Is that all? I wish mine had only taken 3 months.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I did jump on an order dealership put in before I ordered with them. I initially ordered one with another dealership mid sept and had no order number to track for 3 weeks and found this other one instead. So maybe it’s more like 4 months?!

14. KD4KCD

KD4KCD Member

Ahsoka is gorgeous! Congrats! Wait until you drive Ahsoka for awhile and forget what gas prices are.

Denise C likes this.
  15. Martha

Martha Member

I ordered mine in August... I picked it up at the dealer the first week of December. Ordered the Signature plus with MINI collection and got the Harmon Kardon speakers and it is awesome.
    upload_2022-1-13_10-5-23.png

16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

So envious of everyone who got giant bows. I got nothing. Well, except the best thing, my SE.

17. Looking great! I'm glad you were able to get the Harmon Kardon on yours - it was a noticeable difference from base for me.

I personally was not too fond of the power spokes and multi tone roof so I was ecstatic to find out I could order the electric collection in Canada with a black roof and tentacle wheels. Can't wait!

Martha likes this.
  18. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Dang, I wish that had been an option in the US. The roof is ok, people only notice the color change if I point it out. But tentacle spokes are one of my favorite OEM wheels in recent years.

19. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Me too. Denise's car is in the same spot mine was in when I picked it up, and she got a bow. I may cry.

Denise C likes this.
  20. BRGMini

BRGMini New Member

I have not picked a name yet, open to suggestions though :)

KD4KCD likes this.
  21. Chris Madden

Chris Madden New Member

Love your new car, im picking the exact same one up next week!

Just wondering are the wing mirrors standard like that? If not how did you get them

22. J22

J22 New Member

I know this is an old post, but you seemed to have a way to figure out the cargo schedule pretty far in advance. I’m waiting for a NY-bound shop right now. At https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Planned_Movements/ I can only see six days in advance. How did you get your information?

23. Pennyworth

Pennyworth Member

Hi- my BRG just was traded for an SE order....After a 2016 Clubman and this 2019 2-door hardtop in BRG, I am changing colors for my SE. Hoping it is the new(ish) color White Silver metallic. In waiting mode....

wessy and insightman like this.