Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Sorry for the delay, everyone, say hello to Vanessa!!

Picked her up on Friday, already have 350mi on her! Such a great car.

IMG_0857.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

wessy, h-dogg, jinkobah and 11 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jinkobah

jinkobah Member

I ordered through East Bay Mini and they had to give up production slots for some reason or another. Mini of Concord is now fulfilling the order since it was already in production.

For the CA folks, Asteria Leader getting close to the Panama Canal. Scheduled to arrive just after midnight on the 17th.
    https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9531741

h-dogg, Alf_W and Denise C like this.
  4. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

5. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

My Mini has arrived at the dealer! I’ll be picking it up on Sunday (19th).

wessy, LaurieS, Denise C and 4 others like this.
  6. Quick question… I was told by Mini that my car should be done by first the 16th of this week but now the 17th but it’s still in production. When should I expect it to move or is it going to go straight to finish and skip all steps? I think I check it over 100 times a day lol

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Once assembly actually began on mine, it was built and awaiting carrier assignment about 48 hours later.

QuietMini likes this.
  9. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Maybe mine is a little slow ahead of you in the paint booth right now. I expect the final part of assembly to go really fast. There are so many subassemblies that have to be built at the front end. Someone is assembling the dash, the suspension, mounting tires, installing head rests, etc. If you watch the assembly line videos on YouTube, final assembly looks remarkably fast.

QuietMini likes this.
  10. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

Exciting!!! Mine is at the US port. Just learned today it’s been assigned to a trucking company and should leave the port in the next few days. I swear the closer it gets to “pick up day”, the slower time goes!!

LaurieS, wessy, SpeedyRS and 2 others like this.
  11. ER13

ER13 Member

My MA called to say that it is likely that my car will be delivered to West Chester right after Christmas! Very excited. Merry Christmas to me, I guess.

LaurieS, chrunck, wessy and 4 others like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

Time really does slow to a trickle when it’s so close. It’s torture.

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

These days, it's rare that anything can slow the rampaging passage of time. The 51 weeks I waited after ordering my SE (6 months before production began) just crept by. The year since my SE arrived--WHAT!?! It's been more than a year already?!? Next thing you know I'll be taking it in for its 2-year service appointment.

SpeedyRS likes this.
  15. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

It wouldn’t be as bad if there wasn’t a ticking time bomb called January 1st in which I could lose $5,002. Christmas is in a week and I know that’s going to slow all transportation. It’s cutting it a little too close for comfort for me. At this point, BEST case scenario is arrival just before christmas.

16. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Mine has been dispatched from the factory. I’m hoping it’s sailing before Christmas so there are no delays. How long does it usually take to get onto a ship?

17. notvichyssoise

notvichyssoise New Member

Actually, are you sure about that? It doesn't look like there's any distinction between PHEVs and EVs, it's written as if 1) any "plug-in electric" qualifies for $4k, and then any "plug-in electric" with a battery over 40kWh AND a gas tank under 2.5gal (including no gas tank) qualifies for the additional $3500.

(1) IN GENERAL.—The amount determined 12 under this subsection with respect to any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle is the sum of the amounts determined under paragraphs (2) through (5) with respect to such vehicle (not to exceed 50 percent of the purchase price of such vehicle).

(2) BASE AMOUNT.—The amount determined under this paragraph is $4,000.

(3) BATTERY CAPACITY.—In the case of a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle, the amount determined under this paragraph is $3,500 if—

(A) in the case of a vehicle placed in service before January 1, 2027, such vehicle draws propulsion energy from a battery with not less than 40 kilowatt hours of capacity and has a gasoline tank capacity not greater than 2.5 gallons, and

If I'm reading it right you only have ~1k on the line...? Here's hoping it comes through with time to spare though.

18. I believe if you call Mini they can give you an ETA.

19. SC2021

SC2021 Member

For those on the Asteria Leader, here it is coming up on the miraflores locks in the panama canal:
    upload_2021-12-17_11-33-1.png

20. jinkobah

jinkobah Member

i'm watching, too! it's there now!

jimmm18 and Denise C like this.
  21. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

Just got notified my MINI is at the dealership!!!!! Picking up on Monday, woohoo!!!

wessy, jimmm18, insightman and 4 others like this.
  22. Caconym

Caconym Member

For those of us waiting for Bess to come in, I got a hopeful email from my MA this afternoon:

There is a chance that your new MINI will be here by the end of the month. Just received word that MINI is going to try and expedite the sold cars that are headed to the port. Would you be able to take delivery on either the 29th or 30th?
    I will keep you posted.

Anyway, FWIW!

MichaelC and e22mini like this.
  23. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Yay!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs