Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

Mine left port also yesterday on the 6th. Assuming it is on the Asteria Leader as well but haven't checked with Mini yet. How did you find it was due in port on the 27th? All I could see was Panama on the 18th.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SC2021

SC2021 Member

here is NYK's schedule.

https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk48.pdf

Denise C likes this.
  4. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

5. SC2021

SC2021 Member

Did you know that Asteria Leader was docked at Berth 44 in Southampton, the exact same dock as the Titanic. If you read up on that dock and then watch the movie, it's pretty interesting.

wessy and Denise C like this.
  6. LaurieS

LaurieS Active Member

Congrats to you! Have you picked out a name yet?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SC2021

SC2021 Member

are you talking about the one EV tax credit per year per taxpayer?

9. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I think people were saying the new BBB bill that’s at the senate right now (passed at congress already) this bill lowers federal tax incentive for mini se because of the smaller battery size of 40kWH. Unless they revise it, but if it’s passed next year then we missed this years incentive of up to $7500 federal tax refund. I think next year would lower base on the new bill. Is it down to $4000? Someone else might have more info. I did reach out to my senator and hope they read my request to revisit that portion and reconsider. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

11. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys in the US/Canada due to be picking up their shiny new SEs this week heard anything about the global stop on delivery of the Electric/Cooper SE and Countryman PHEV due to a software issue with the SOS emergency call system? The Mini F56 forum has a few European buyers who have had their deliveries delayed. They’re being told that there will be a software update available on the 14th December, so it’s not a massive delay, but would still be frustrating if you expected to be driving your SE this week.
    https://www.minif56.com/threads/emergency-sos-call-system.91496/

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Not yet, Wife and I are discussing some different options. I’ll be sure and let you all know as soon as it’s decided

LaurieS likes this.
  14. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

So.....most likely backing out of my order. If anyone is looking for a Moonwalk Gray Metallic with a white roof/mirrors let me know. The car is at port in the UK right now. I ended up ordering two completely different cars, and found out the second one is coming in way ahead of schedule. Just can't justify two new cars

15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Oh man, brings up a suppressed memory. I forgot my SE was delayed by a stop sale last year, it was also a minor software update.

16. jinkobah

jinkobah Member

I'm in the same boat (many lols)

My MA tells me the Asteria Leader is estimated to arrive in CA on Dec 26th. Fingers crossed.

jimmm18, Denise C and Alf_W like this.
  17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

May I ask what low-demand/high-availability car is wooing you away from the most fun EV available on the planet?

18. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

mine was at the port for 19 days before finally leaving. They told me that they don’t assign a boat until it’s actually loading on the boat, so unfortunately you just have to wait in the dark until it’s physically on a boat.

19. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

the SE Countryman situation is even worse. Currently it’s $5,002 rebate. With BBB, it wouldn’t even be eligible for any rebate because it has a gas tank bigger than 2.5 gallons. I have an SE Countryman due to be at the dealership on the 18th (arriving to the Galveston port tomorrow), and I’m super nervous that any delay much more than a week could cost me $5000.

wessy and Denise C like this.
  20. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I good you get it. You should!!
    I am trying to find out if I can buy it in California and ship it to Colorado sigh

21. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

The C8 Corvette. I ordered it months ago and never planned on in arriving any time before Spring of 2022. The Mini was ordered on a whim mainly for the $7500 tax break. Mini is as port in the UK and found out this week, the C8 will be delivered January 4. I can't justify two new cars and the resale on the C8 is too ridiculous not to take ownership and drive for a while. I might order another one next year depending on what happens with the C8. I was really excited about the Mini, just can't have both in the garage. I plan on keeping up with following the Mini, b/c it seems like a super fun car.

wessy and insightman like this.
  22. David Kerman

David Kerman New Member

Roughly 36 days after having left the factory - my SE has finally made it to the port in NYC!! Why does it feel like it's actually been a year? My dealer is in the NYC metro area, so I'm hoping it doesn't take too much longer. Fingers crossed!

23. Not me

Not me Member

Right, & mashing the refresh button doesn't speed up the process either.

It's frustrating that the information to set our expectations better exists, but the combination of Mini's tracking & the shipping companies' tracking won't expose it to the public. It's almost like if Google Maps decided to not report your estimated time of arrival at all because they can't guarantee that there won't be a red light somewhere on your trip.