My dealer called and now I submitted an actual order 4 Lyriq

Discussion in 'LYRIQ' started by SchoolTeacherTom, Dec 3, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. SchoolTeacherTom

SchoolTeacherTom New Member

Folks,
    My dealer called me yesterday with a straightforward order form. If you wanted to get the car the quickest, you had to order a silver exterior, gray interior and twenty-inch wheels. I will post the actual color names later in case anyone cares. Change any of those options and you have to wait another 3 months according to my dealer. I wasn't sure I was even on the list since the snafu back in September.

Anyone else put in an Lyriq?

TonyInGA and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

What was the snafu?

The 2 Exterior colors are, Satin Steel Metallic and Stellar Black Metallic.

So, I'm guessing that SSM is a faster process, than having to paint it. And, personally, I prefer SSM, over SBM. Silver tends to show less dirt. And, like all light colors, it reflects the heat better.

I haven't actually placed an order, but one of the two dealerships close to me (29 and about 50 miles away :eek:), Emailed me, and wrote, We should be getting the first Lyriqs coming in January 2022.

For me, the Lyriq was my 2nd choice. But, with the Ariya still at least 9 months away (not to mention a $6K higher baseline price, and depending on Trim Line, limited color selection :mad: ), I'm going to check out the Lyriq. And, if I like it, I'll probably get it.

One thing I like about the Lyriq, over the Ariya, and many other EVs, it has the ReGen Braking Paddle. Which, in my opinion, is better than 1 peddle driving.

pucksave likes this.
  4. Lyriq looks like it could be a real winner, but I am not going to jump in yet... the reservations are likely all gone anyway. And I also need AWD. Also have to see how they are priced in production. AWD and options packages will likely put them in Tesla $ territory... but then they will be quieter, be better screwed together and have far better driver ergonomics than any Tesla. we'll see...