Canadian Ioniq 5 pre-order 'build date' emails?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Ian S, Nov 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Have you received a 'build date' email from Hyundai?

1. Yes from Hyundai Canada

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Yes from the Hyundai dealer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Ian S

Ian S New Member

Within the last week it seems a number of people have received emails from Hyundai about their approximate build dates and 'priority' numbers.

While I haven't received one yet (I've been in touch with both Hyundai Canada and the dealer - both seem to think it should come from the other...), I'm curious how many people have or have not received that 'build date' email...

Also curious if anyone didn't initially receive that email last week but has in the past couple of days...

Cheers,

Ian

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I got my first notification from "Hyundai Auto Canada" Nov 5, and an update today (Nov 11) correcting the build date from May 21 to May 2022.

Andre Laurence and Ian S like this.
  4. May I ask when you ordered?

5. I ordered Sept 28 and am number 1112

6. Northern Bernie

Northern Bernie New Member

I emailed my dealer and he told me I'm #95 but I didn't receive a build date or email from Hyundai Canada. I ordered Ultimate package in cyber gray.
    I asked the dealer if I could downgrade to LR AWD and he said it would reset the priority order and likely delay delivery by 4-5 months. I then asked what about color change, and haven't heard back. They aren't super responsive at this particular dealership.

Edit: I ordered on June 2nd.

Ian S likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ian S

Ian S New Member

Thanks Bernie.

I'll try the dealer again; we ordered in early-ish August and just want to make sure delivery doesn't get punted too far down the road :)

9. Received mine Nov. 5th. Number 198. Build date December 2021. I ordered on June 2nd.

Ian S likes this.
  10. I ordered Sept 12 the RWD LR and no email yet. Even contacted my dealer and they had no available info.

11. I believe that may be because all of the initial builds will be the Ultimate and AWD trims. It's not unusual for the higher margin cars to be built and shipped first. Also, your late order date may well place your build date beyond Hyundai's ability to project at this point. My guess would be mid 2022.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ian S

Ian S New Member

A bit of news: just heard back from the dealer that the production date should be in February 2022 for our LR RWD ordered in August. My contact at the dealer said he had to get the manager to pull the info after I'd mentioned that Hyundai Canada hadn't sent anything.

Andre Laurence likes this.
  14. FlyPatrick

FlyPatrick New Member

Hello everyone, I order on June 2nd at 11h15pm Eastern time. On August 24th, I got a text form my dealership saying that my estimate time on production should be around October 2021. Since that, I got no other info, I did not ask either. Maybe I should send them a mail! I Ordered the Ultimate Package, with Shooting star color...

Ian S likes this.
  15. Tfleur

Tfleur New Member

Hi,
    I’m #83 and my Preferred AWD Long Range, Cyber grey has arrived to Canada. It is in Vancouver. I should have it before Christmas, but it depends how to situation in BC will evolve. I also tried to change the package, but I would have lost my rank. All in all I am happy with the preferred since it has the longest range for the AWD.

Amerly and Ian S like this.
  16. Where are you located?

17. FlyPatrick

FlyPatrick New Member

Last week they called me to let me know of the interest rate and the price! So I thought my car was in Vancouver too! I also came across the new Spiderman Movie and it will feature the Ioniq 5 and orher electric/hybrid Hyundai Car! That movie will be out on December 17th! So I’m thinking that they will be delivered around that date, for a North American launch! My guess.

18. Tfleur

Tfleur New Member

Near Quebec City (I updated my profile location)

19. Tfleur

Tfleur New Member

I have an appointment for my current car value tomorrow! It's getting closer!

FlyPatrick likes this.
  20. Wow! I'd like to know if you do manage to get delivery across the country by Christmas. My Kona took 2 months to get to Ontario.

21. KirkG13

KirkG13 New Member

That's great news! And wonderful that your dealer is getting you that information. Or is any of this info coming to you from emails from Hyundai Canada?

I'm #162 in the queue, located in Ottawa, also for a Preferred AWD, but haven't really heard anything from my dealer, even though I've contacted them a couple of times to let me know as soon as they have any news.

I thought all of the current cars in Vancouver were intended as dealer demos, but I guess they don't need that many of those - maybe 50 across Canada? If supplies are limited, as they are, maybe they'll just provide them to the pre-order customers, since there is little point in marketing if they have no inventory. And they have a market demand already waiting for more vehicles in Australia, Europe and elsewhere. I assume the US launch must be delayed due to limited inventory. And/or they are having the rest of the world work out any deployment issues before hitting the US market...

Ian S likes this.
  22. Stéphan Renaud

Stéphan Renaud New Member

I received my VIN last week, supposed to receive it at the end of the month or beginning of January i was 69 on the canadian list preferred awd long rage black
    Can't wait

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Ian S likes this.
  23. Tfleur

Tfleur New Member

I’ll keep you posted.

Yes, the rep is the best I’ve ever had. Being new to Hyundai, I’m impressed. Tesla has been the worst (had 2). The online buying process from Hyundai is the best I’ve experienced (compared to VW and Tesla). But the info (car location, delays, VIN) is coming straight from the rep.

Stéphan Renaud, Amerly and Ian S like this.