Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kvikster

kvikster New Member

As of few days ago when i made my mini order im waiting on 2 cars - one of them is a Mercedes sprinter that i ordered last year... Mercedes does not have any tracking beyond emailing your dealer every few days and asking if there is an update. I did not find it any easier than looking at My Garage, just opposite... (i am at the beginning of my mini adventure and hope to be at the end of mercedes one, opinions might change :))

Novadar likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

One of them will be fun.

4. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Well, that certainly stinks to high heaven.

My biggest beef is the fact that I get incomplete details from different parties. I don't want to say someone is lying but at best they are uninformed. When a representative uninformed, any information they provide should not have an air of clarity. Such communication is on the slippery slope to Liar-ville.

5. kvikster

kvikster New Member

Im working on making both of them really really fun :) ⛺️

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  6. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

To be fair to MINI, all manufacturing is very unpredictable right now with the combination of COVID and parts shortages.

I haven't been able to get an accurate timeline from anyone in the past couple of months and we are constantly scrambling to find alternatives to parts with lead times that have increased from what would have typically been weeks to over a year!

Novadar likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. kvikster

kvikster New Member

You should see shitshow that 2021 at Daimler is:
    First their diesels were late for few months because missed EPA certifications (thats what you get when you cheat on emission tests i guess?). Then chip shortage caused already specced vans to be built without LED lights, MBUX system, SOS modules, electric parking brakes even though people ordered them. Now they are not building crew vans because they dont have enough seats.
    I ordered my van in december, was built few weeks late in April and just sat on a lot till July waiting to be EPA certified.. Now waiting for a transport to the dealer as there is some kind of shortage of car haulers (i guess when you have backlog of 22000 vans that fit 3 on a car hauler it gets complicated?)
    Im among lucky ones because i have all the parts, builds after june started dropping things, and future builds after november are not possible any more.
    Patience is a virtue...

9. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

I totally get that but as a Brand there needs to be more consistency in messaging. This is my first MINI and second BMW group vehicle. My point is don't tell me something because you want to make happy, please only tell me relevant and accurate facts.

NewGreen and insightman like this.
  10. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

This is the third MINI we have ordered. The tracking process hasn't really changed in 15 years. I don't take anything I hear too seriously. I know it is a bit of information but I don't assume it corresponds to that thing we like to call reality. This time around, the MyGarage tracking feature has been about a day ahead of the ASK-MINI phone thing. The nice people who answer the phone if you aren't satisfied with the auto responder have not told me anything that MyGarage hadn't already told me. I think they put you on hold, take a cigarette break, and then tell you they couldn't find any other info. That's what I hope anyway.
    All three of our MINIs have taken almost exactly three months, from order to liberating the car from the dealer in Hawaii. This time, production started much sooner than the other two times, so I was hopeful the whole process would be shorter. But a couple of one-week stoppages at the factory, a slow boat to California, two weeks in Long Beach waiting for a boat to Hawaii, and now 3 days sitting at the port in Honolulu a mile from the dealer means we will pick it up at the earliest on Monday Aug. 16, three months and a day, I believe, since we placed the order. Maybe 3 months is a physical law of the universe for us.
    I enjoy the tracking and the waiting, even when I hate it.

NewGreen, joshf2k, MichaelC and 2 others like this.
  11. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Thanks TempoHouse. I seem to be in the same situation you were (to some extent). My build started quickly which made me very hopeful. That coupled with the "expected completion" dates from Ask-MINI made me very happy - almost "wow" factor. The Sales Manager said 10 weeks time to delivery but my MA later said -- you guessed it -- 3 months. Now I am back to staring down the Universal Theorem of 3 Months. I suppose it still could happen in 3 months. The order was placed June 22. The "expected completion" date right now is Sept 1. If it gets on the boat quickly and the winds are "fair and favorable" I suppose the car could make it to Galveston and then onto San Antonio in time to comply with the Universal Law! We.Shall.See.

NewGreen likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

My car says it's scheduled for production! With no specific production date, but still, some progress is nice.

Lainey, GvilleGuy, Novadar and 2 others like this.
  14. pdx347

pdx347 New Member

First time posting - I just paid a deposit on a Mini SE already in production. It's in the paint shop right now, so I'm wondering how many weeks that saved me. I was grateful to see the spreadsheet to get an idea of other people's wait time experiences.

Lainey and Novadar like this.
  15. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Got the car today. It really can happen. Traffic was fierce, all these pandemic tourists, so couldn’t really air it out. Still. Our sales dude insists the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires are run flats. I don’t see any indication I can understand on the tires to suggest this is true, but tire sidewall is not a language I really speak. Harmon Kardon, rear park sensors, etc. I don’t think anything is missing. Looks great with the white roof. Has a much more forgiving ride than our clubman, which does have run flats, also on 17 inch rims. Cabin is much quieter too.

16. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

As far as we know, no SEs have shipped with run flats. If you post some of the 'tire jargon' from your sidewall (or perhaps a photo showing the small print), some of the smart people on here can verify for you. My salesman said the same regarding my summer Hankooks, but they are not run flat.

TempoHouse and Novadar like this.
  17. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns. My Google Fu was strong (well so-so) and I found a direct number to the Oxford Plant. I just got off the phone with a very lovely Receptionist/Admin Assistant/"Phone Answerer". She told me that production begins again next week after the Summer Shutdown. Not all of the factory has been closed since Mid-July but any aspects related to builds have been closed since then. This gives me some glimmer of hope that my MINI will begin its journey again soon.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    MichaelC, NewGreen and joshf2k like this.
  18. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Super Happy for you. You've lifted my spirits TempoHouse!!!

My BMW X1 has Pirelli's with the words "RUN FLAT" in capital letters on the tire. I think the other brands are similar with at least "RF" on the tire.

TempoHouse likes this.
  19. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My 2021 SE came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires and they are not runflats. Try this guide on identifying runflats. Also, if your SE came with an inflation kit you would not have them.

TempoHouse and insightman like this.
  20. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Picked up like a 9-inch long scratch on the driver side on day one. From a key or something? Parked far from other cars to get a few groceries. New cars need force shields or something.

With our previous clubman, on day two, I was parked in the driveway rubbing some liniment or other into the leather seats when I saw the neighbor's kid playing with a golf ball. I wasn't able to get out of the car fast enough to stop it from bouncing up and onto the middle of the hood.

Worse things are happening all over the place. I will likely survive this scratch.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  21. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

So sorry - that is bad luck.

22. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Oh wow, what a bummer :(

23. Husker90

Husker90 New Member

Ordered my SE on July 30. Called My Mini and they said it looks like my car is scheduled to begin production the week of Sept 20. Was hoping for something sooner. Hopefully can still get delivery by year end.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

insightman likes this.