Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

My MA says the factory is closed all of August, anyone else heard that? I know that's when they used to shut down for the model year switchover, but I didn't think they were doing that in August anymore.

Also got my production number so I can start tracking its status.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

I have not heard that. All I am hearing is the usual song and dance, updates are sporadic, we are unaware of any stoppage. That is from Ask-Mini and my sales rep. But if what you say is true, it explains why I am told a Sept 1 completion date. My MINI went in the body shop on July 20! This blows! I was so pumped when the body shop step commenced. Now I am so frustrated.

What is an MA? A fancy term for MINI sales rep? Lol.

NewGreen likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Yep: MA = Motoring Advisor

Novadar likes this.
  5. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Ask-MINI telling me the same thing, "the factory is not closed". No rational, credible, or reasonable explanation given as to why stuck at "EXTERIOR BODY ASSEMBLY BEGINS" since July 20. Go figure.

6. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

This is consistent with last year's "annual summer shut-down". For whatever reason, ASK-MINI either doesn't know about the factory's annual summer shut-down for the model year change-over, or they're not allowed to acknowledge it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Thanks. I was wondering about that - the annual shut-down. I've seen folks say that does not happen "anymore" - lol. There is so much information, misinformation, evasiveness, and the like. It is very frustrating. Just tell me the facts, I'm a big boy and can take it.

NewGreen and MichaelC like this.
  9. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

I'm still baffled that if the shutdown is for "August" then where the tail end of July go. My "EXTERIOR BODY ASSEMBLY BEGINS" began on July 20. So is July 21 to July 31 suddenly August now?

Reminds of a time when I worked for a privately owned software company (I've worked almost exclusively for publicly traded ones). That firm's financial year on paper ended on December 31st but we always joked that some deals would close on December 36 or December 37 just so the entire year would "make the number". Lol.

10. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

A recent post on the F56 forum states that a couple of forum members spoke to UK sales reps who said the Oxford summer shutdown started July 31st. And it usually goes two weeks, but one person was told by a Mini sales rep that it was a month.

Novadar likes this.
  11. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Interesting. This wide "range" of information is very frustrating. I've decided to try to put it out of my mind. I will not check every day. I will not. I will not. lol.

GvilleGuy and NewGreen like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. NewGreen

NewGreen Member

My impression from the spreadsheet is that if a car was "inside the factory" on July 20, it has not left the factory....and until anyone's car moves from one factory stage to another, my car isn't going to move from being assembled.... I sure picked an interesting day to look up my car for the first time (July 20)--just didn't know that would be the only interesting day (3 inside the factory statuses in one day)

14. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

Ended up picking up the car on Friday -- did get the HK sound system (I had placed an order mid-May). So far am really pleased with it. Other vehicle is a truck so this is a quite different experience. When we ordered in May we were quoted 12 weeks until delivery, and it ended up being 11 weeks. So far so good!

15. Lance54r

Lance54r New Member

Well it looks like I'm gonna cancel. This would have been my third MINI. Last Saturday I got an email encouraging me to secure my SE slot for only $250. I secured my slot for only $1000 in mid may. I got my order number in mid June, mid July I moved up a notch on my mini. I participated in MINI together (which was pretty lame) and earlier this week got an email from my sales person that my SE wouldn't be produced until September. It's pretty much a mess. Good luck friends, the MINI SE looks awesome, I hope to see you at MTTS, I'll be in my 2017 F56 JCW (the one I took to MTTS 2018).

Lainey and GvilleGuy like this.
  16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I understand the frustration, I had to wait almost a year for mine. But I don't see the advantage to canceling unless it's going to be built without features you ordered. You're under no obligation to buy, and when it arrives you'll have the option to take it if you like it. If you cancel now you'll never have the option of getting one without starting the process all over.

NewGreen likes this.
  17. chrunck

I also don't understand the thought process behind cancelling now, but maybe there's more to it.

I'm hoping mine gets here by end of September, but we'll see. I picked up my Countryman on Oct 4 2021 so maybe my SE will show up exactly 10 years later.

18. Lance54r

Lance54r New Member

Yes there is more to it. My daughter needs a car for college and this was going to be for her to use (along with me) and I don't think the tax credit will be on this years returns. So I am missing two important timelines. I am looking to get my daughter a car soon and that means the SE won't be needed. In mid May when I ordered it I was told it would take 60-90 days to get so it made alot of sense then. FYI, I tried to buy a Leaf this weekend and they are as rare as SE's.

Lainey likes this.
  19. chrunck

Why wouldn't the tax credit be on this year's return?

20. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I still haven't gotten my federal refund for my SE from last year's taxes, three months after filing. Everyone's failing to deliver...

21. Lance54r

Lance54r New Member

I personally don't believe it will be delivered to me until after Jan 1, that would be on my 2022 taxes.

22. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

After two weeks hanging with Dud, Liz and the gang in Long Beach yes I'm still upset they cancelled Lodge 49 our car finally caught a boat to Honolulu, the Lurline, I suspect, scheduled to dock on Wednesday. So pickup on Saturday, maybe, or more likely early next week.

speednoodle and HappyKafka like this.
  23. chrunck

What makes you think this? You don't think Mini is going to make any more cars in the next 4-5 months?