Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

That's sweet, HappyKafka. Our sales bro told me a couple of days ago it would be 3 or 4 weeks before our car gets here, because turnaround at the VDC is slow. Not sure if he is just setting me up to be happy when it gets here in a week or it's his way of saying a BMW 7 series fell onto our roof or something during transport. (Our car sailed on the same boat as HappyKafka's).

speednoodle and HappyKafka like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

I still have an 'at the port' status, so assuming still at the VDC. I've reached out to our motoring advisor a couple times but haven't heard anything back. Hoping to have it by mid-month, but glad to be on the final stretch.

4. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Our car is officially at the dealership, per the owner's lounge. Except it's still in California. The dealership is in Hawaii. I'm hoping this means it has been handed off by the trucking company to the next ocean shipping company (Matson?) in, maybe, Long Beach? I don't really know what happens between Oxnard and Honolulu, and our sales guy is very hush hush about it.

GvilleGuy and HappyKafka like this.
  5. endquote

endquote Active Member

Mine has been at "scheduled for production" for a few weeks, but now just went backwards to "order received". I wonder if that's common.

6. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Mine has been in the body shop for 15 days. It appears the chip shortage has hit the Mini plant in full effect. When mine entered production on July 9, I was told a completion date of July 22. Now the date I am provided is September 1.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

@TempoHouse - Seems I may be in a similar situation as you. Heard from the motoring advisor this morning they're expecting the car in 2-10 days, but checked My Mini Garage after lunch and it now says 'At the Dealership'. Felt tempted to drive by and see if I could get eyes on it but am waiting... @HappyKafka, when are you picking yours up?

HappyKafka, TempoHouse and Lainey like this.
  9. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

I've been refreshing this all day waiting to hear from HappyKafka. Too busy driving, maybe?

HappyKafka likes this.
  10. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

11. I picked it up this afternoon. The whole process went very smoothly. I spent the rest of the evening learning how to do stuff like getting the buttons on the rear view mirror to open my garage door and figuring out how to play music from my iPhone. At the moment I’m giving it its first real charge at home. So far I’m extremely happy.

By the way, I somehow managed to get the rear parking sensors that seem to be missing from some others’ MINIs. I’m super thrilled about that.

90C2A436-BD14-4C15-8592-AA975A058229.jpeg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

@HappyKafka - Looks great! Glad to hear you got both the HK sound system and the rear parking sensors. Happy delivery day. :)

HappyKafka likes this.
  14. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

Well, turns out our car is indeed at the dealership, got another call from our MA late yesterday confirming that. Turns out the truck our car was on was full of cars for our local dealership so it drove straight here from Oxnard. Planning to pick up Saturday morning, likely. Excited!

15. cparisi

cparisi Member

First post here...just got my production number today and updated the spreadsheet. I'm in the Paint Shop. My dealer located the car I wanted a few weeks ago that was slated for production. They did a swap with the dealership it was destined for and took my deposit on July 17th. They think it will arrive late this month, early September. Sounds ambitious.

Novadar and MichaelC like this.
  16. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

That sounds awesome. Your dealer is working hard for you. This solidifies my position that the allocations drive everything. The builds must be allocated in sequential order and are immovable. Your dealer swapped with another dealer which was likely the only way the car could get to you sooner.

I am heartened to hear your vehicle is in the paint shop with a prospective delivery in Early September at the latest. Mine still has not budged from the Body Shop and a September 1 completion.

cparisi likes this.
  17. MarkFB

MarkFB New Member

Liverpool?

My vehicle is finally has left the port and is “In Transit.” Called BMW Concierge and they were able to tell me it was on the Atlantic Sun. That ship, it appears, leaves from the Port of Liverpool - with no prior stop at Southampton. Curious if anyone knows of MINIs leaving from Liverpool - I thought all the electric vehicles from Oxford left from the Southampton port for North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Novadar likes this.
  18. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

I wonder if they have the wrong boat? It's not the typical vehicle carrier. But also, is your car a Countryman? Aren't they made in Holland?

Novadar likes this.
  19. MarkFB

MarkFB New Member

I’ll call again tomorrow. Mine is a plug-in hybrid Countryman - they are made at the plant in Oxford (I think they were produced in Holland, but the operations moved to Oxford last year).

Novadar likes this.
  20. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

MarkFB,

You said you called BMW Concierge. Is that different from Ask-MINI (1-866-275-6464)?

21. MarkFB

MarkFB New Member

Nope - same thing

Novadar likes this.
  22. MarkFB

MarkFB New Member

Called 866-ASK-MINI again and got confirmation that the ship is Atlantic Sun, vehicle was build at Plant Oxford, and it shipped from Liverpool, not Southampton.

Novadar likes this.
  23. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Very happy that your ride is on its great Transatlantic ride at the moment!