Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine today at long last. Electric Collection in Island Blue with roof rails and moon roof delete. Hoping it's here in about 3 months.

Between my wife and I, this will be our sixth MINI. My Countryman will be 10 years old this October and while it's been a pretty good car, I'm really ready to be in a 2 door again.

TripleD, GvilleGuy and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. After 16 days sitting at the port in England, she's finally on a ship expected in the Baltimore Harbor on July 14th.

Novadar, Lainey, insightman and 2 others like this.
  4. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Just added my SE to the tracker. Thanks to all for this thread. This degree of historical and in-flight perspective is very helpful.

5. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Awesome. My SE entered the production queue today - July 9. That is ten days ahead of what ASK-MINI told me earlier in the week.

Very nice (in my best Borat voice).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Lainey, polyphonic, timexit and 5 others like this.
  6. timexit

timexit New Member

@Novadar congrats! did you see the production starting on my mini, or did you call?
    i'm on the tracker behind you... the unlucky one who ordered on the 18th and is still not in production. :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Howdy timexit.

I saw production starting via My Mini. It looks like your dealer also possibly had an allocation available for you on the day you ordered (just like mine).

I'm not super sure but I suspect there is some order to the allocations even if one is "taken" later than other dealer's the "earlier" allocation will start first. I hope that makes sense.

I'm trying not to constantly refresh My Mini.

timexit likes this.
  9. timexit

timexit New Member

Thanks for the info! Well, mine should start any day now I guess.
    Definitely am constantly refreshing My Mini.

Novadar likes this.
  10. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Excited for you all! You’re going to love it :)

timexit and Novadar like this.
  11. MarkFB

MarkFB New Member

Just learned from my dealer that the plant in Oxford is planning a 2 week maintenance shut down. Might explain why my projected completion date went from 7/13 to 7/15 with the live person on the ask-MINI line telling my it might not start production until 7/28. It has been showing as in the production queue since 6/29.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Novadar likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Thanks MarkFB. Well, super weirdness. I just called ask-Mini and was told by the rep that he heard nothing about a 2-week maintenance shutdown.

My SE entered Production on 7/9 and is tentatively scheduled to be finished on 7/22.

The Online tracker shows it still being in "Production Begins".

I'm not in an overly anxious state but clearly would love to get the SE sooner.

14. timexit

timexit New Member

I called ask-mini today and they told me my production week was... july 26. over a month wait from production # to production. I'm wondering if it's at all related to vehicle color, as the silver-white seems like the least ordered.
    Anyway, also knew nothing of a 2 week shut down.

15. Ordered my BRG SE on June 25 and can't wait (though clearly I will have to). For those who have recently ordered, I'm curious to know what kind of timeframes your dealers are giving you. When I placed my order, they said it would be about 2 weeks to get a production number, and then somewhere around 4-8 weeks until the car arrived at the dealer. When I didn't receive a production number after 2 weeks, I called my dealer, and they said they haven't received any production numbers on any of their new orders yet. I know there are a lot of factors (and apparently a 2-week shutdown according to MarkFB?) that could affect the delivery timeline, but is anyone's dealer providing any clearer estimates on order to production number to delivery timeframes? I'm in Atlanta and the delivery would be coming through the port at Brunswick, GA.

16. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

I think there is a lot of variation that takes place but it might relate more to priority of allocations and builds so that there is "fairness" across the dealer networks.

I suspect body color would not really play a part unless there was an unusual shortage of a particular color because the cars are individually painted as apparently the second step after assembly.

17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Most MINI Coopers, including the MINI Cooper SE, are produced in the Plant Oxford factory and I don't believe there are any SE colors that are not available with other MINI Coopers. So when they paint a White Silver Metallic SE, it's probably in line with many non-electric MINIs being painted that same color. I doubt the color of an SE (other than perhaps the Electric Collection models with their unique color gradient on the roof) would have a significant effect on the time required for manufacturing.

NewGreen and Novadar like this.
  18. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Hey dsmels. I'm also getting a BRG. I ordered on June 22. My dealer, in San Antonio, gave me my Production Number that day before I left the store. The Sales Manager told me he had 3 open allocations at that point in time so I was given one of those. The allocations drive the entire process. When the dealers "use" all of their allocations (which I believe are by model) they have to wait. The timeframe I was given was "about 10 weeks" from date of order to date of delivery. When I called Ask-Mini I was told there is no 2-week shutdown. It looks like timexit was told the same.

Atlanta is likely a faster moving market than San Antonio so it's quite possible your dealer is waiting on allocation which would trigger generating a spot in the production queue.

A lot of my comments are my sense of the flow.

Hope this helps.

Lainey and dsmels like this.
  19. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Triton Leader at the Pedro Miguel Locks in Panama right now. Hope this makes Happy Kafka happy.

Attached Files:

MichaelC, HappyKafka and speednoodle like this.
  20. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

@TempoHouse I was tracking the ship through the locks, too. :) Was neat to see it on the webcam. Almost through!

HappyKafka and TempoHouse like this.
  21. MarkFB

MarkFB New Member

7/14/21 Update: Dealer must have been wrong about plant shut down (at least with regard to my build). This afternoon, in the course of an hour, Track My MINI app jumped from "entered production queue", past "Exterior Body Assembly" and "Paint Booth" and is currently at "Assembly in Progress." As such, it looks like the projected completion data I got from the Ask-MINI line of 7/15 is a real possibility.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    MichaelC, Lainey, Puppethead and 3 others like this.
  22. I’m thrilled! Thanks for posting the pic. It’s so close I can almost smell that new-car smell already.

TempoHouse and MichaelC like this.
  23. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

The header row (column names) became messed up in the tracker. I fixed it just now.

GvilleGuy, insightman and MichaelC like this.