Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Anyone's car manage to hop on one of the recent ships out of Southampton (Sirius Highway? Tulane?)

[I need to turn my computer off for the next month and forget I ever ordered this car]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Yours will look (almost) identical to mine once you do! I have the same color combo and the same wheels. The only differences are the subtle face-lift features from my 2021 to your 2022.

4. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Well, here are the strips.
    Dog gone, our Grizzl-e was to be delivered today, but UPS required signature, so had to get back out the 110 charger. Should be delivered tomorrow.
    IMG_0242.JPG

5. I'm hoping she's on the Tulane. Otherwise it might not be until mid July before I see my car. I have to admit, this is my first time ordering and waiting for a car, and it sucks. I realize mini buyers like to customize, but on the se models there's not much to customize other than trims or colors, and I just wanted a base model in moon walk grey, just stock it. The draw of the mini was the fact of it being a good looking electric car, that with the tax credit, is priced good. (tax credit is key, otherwise, no way)

NewGreen, Novadar and TripleD like this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Looking great!!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Grizzl-e arrived is installed and charging. IMG_0247.JPG

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Then it's obviously almost time for a drive!

TripleD and Lainey like this.
  10. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Hey other Grizzl-e owners, please tell me if you cut off the cover for the J1772 plug. I can't figure out any purpose for it, if you are using the holster that is provided. Tried pulling it out but it did not give.

11. Yep. First thing I did was clip it off.

Carsten Haase likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I believe that's an all-weather cover to protect the plug in an outdoor situation. I don't use the holster so I just left mine to harmlessly dangle. Probably should get rid of it since my Grizzl-E is inside my garage.

14. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Yep, sure don't see any need for it. Agree with you Puppethead, cover for out doors use only. Now trying to convince wife of that.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  15. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

My MINI is at the dealer! The hardest part now will be waiting for it to get delivered to me, hopefully by the end of next week. (The dealer is 250 miles away, and as part of the deal they offered to deliver it.)
    IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

16. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Looks great!!!! Other than the wheels, it is a duplicate of ours. Just put on our stubby antenna this afternoon. Only $10 from Amazon vs $40 from mini. And we put Mini logo seat belt covers on. Also have license plate covers on order (hate advertising for the dealer).
    Oh and had quite a time getting the Mini universal garage door opener to work with our Summer garage door opener. Go to Homelink to get instructions. Turns out I did not pay enough attention on their first instruction to push all 3 buttons rather than just 1 and 3 per Mini manual and dealership to reset it.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  17. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

A couple more boats (Fidelio, Patriot!) leaving Southampton today for Baltimore, Galveston, etc. Another couple, both with mighty sea names (Thalatta, Triton Leader), should set sail tomorrow for Panama and California. Keeping all my fingers crossed for all of us waiting here in the US.

MatthewL, GvilleGuy and HappyKafka like this.
  18. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

Wow, that's a good price! I thought about the stubby antenna for a while, but decided that I like the long stock antenna. Reminds me of my MINI RC car, in green with white roof (just like the one I ordered), that some co-workers gave me when I left my job 18 years ago. I must have talked about loving and wanting a MINI ever since then. I will finally have it soon!

TripleD and GvilleGuy like this.
  19. According to the tracker, the mini I ordered has been at the port in England for a a week now (6/20/2021). Many ships have come and gone.

20. Hey, SpeedNoodle and TempoHouse, I just talked to a live person at MINI and found out that my car is on the Triton Leader. I figured I’d let you know since the website seems to always be a bit late with its info. I’m guessing the three of us are on the same boat, but you might want to double check.

21. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Sweet! My Garage just updated our status today to "in transit." Probably on the same boat, then.

HappyKafka and speednoodle like this.
  22. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

Thanks so much for the update -- I'm now showing 'in transit' as well, so glad to know the journey has started!

Update - looks like I found the schedule here. Triton Leader is due at Port Hueneme, CA on July 24th.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    HappyKafka likes this.
  23. Wow, this is taking so long! I ordered my SE on 21 May and it's just (as of today) starting on the exterior body assembly. Back 2007 I ordered my first Cooper S, I liked all the a la carte items you could order back then, and it didn't seem to take this long. Anxiously awaiting the delivery of my baby.

MatthewL likes this.