Delivery Stories

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Feb 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Try (1) Mini Connected: After you select it, if you already have something set to display in that circle, like weather, you will have to hit the back arrow (left click the scroll wheel) once or twice to get to the main connected list
    (2) Scroll down to "Manage Mobile Devices" and select it (near the end)
    (3) Scroll to your iphone and select it
    (4) You should see something similar to this photo to select either CarPlay or MINI on-board (bluetooth audio)

Apple CarPlay.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

My story:

Test drove a 2021 Cooper S. Enjoyed it. Told my salesperson I wanted an SE. We both looked at nearby dealers. One wasn't willing to part with the car.
    My dealer called back a day later and found a car that hadn't hit Autotrader yet, about 400 miles away. Put a $1k deposit down on a Wednesday. The car arrived Monday evening. They prepped it overnight and we took delivery early Tuesday afternoon. Car had 60 miles on the odometer. Super clean.

Paid MSRP minus destination fee.

6 months and 3000 miles later I have worn the tires down a bit, but otherwise it's been flawless. No issues, no weirdness, just a great car. :)

The best part, unlike my other German EV, this one says the first required maintenance is due in late 2022.

wessy, bldxyz, Lainey and 3 others like this.
  4. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

That is how it is set.

Maybe I need to just drive it a bit more and see.

5. GvilleGuy

When scrolling on the main "circle" view - ApplePlay should show up as a separate option.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Mom needs to feel that MINI's 135 kW electric motor pressing her deep into that comfy, secure seat. At the very least you must print out some full-page photos of your new car. Seeing it on your phone just won't cut it.

Look, a year ago I bought some Loop Spoke wheels for winter use before my SE arrived and as soon as they arrived I drove over to the assisted-living facility where my Dad lives (OK, only 18 miles) to show him one of the wheels through his window, since visitors weren't allowed inside. Last month, when I could finally take my Dad out of the facility, I gave him a ride and he was impressed.

upload_2021-4-21_15-42-29.png

wessy, Lainey, polyphonic and 2 others like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GvilleGuy

I'm so glad to hear you got to take him for a ride! I just ran an errand and had my first on-the-road question - the guy in a work truck next to me honked his horn at a traffic light and wanted to know how fast it can go. I said "it's limited to 93, but it's full electric". He said, "oh, so it can GO!". We both got on the interstate ramp at the next light and I showed him how fast it can go...

Lainey, polyphonic, MichaelC and 2 others like this.
  9. GvilleGuy

Can you guys verify which interior surface you ended up with, and if your steering wheel has the “e” logo on the bottom panel?

10. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Piano black surfaces. No “e” logo. Only area of piano black on steering wheel are the buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GvilleGuy likes this.
  11. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Late 2022?

[​IMG]

polyphonic and GvilleGuy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

Mine shows the same! Two years until my next maintenance. Except, I just received a service appointment email confirmation from my Mini dealer for...an oil change...

wessy and Carsten Haase like this.
  14. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My SE is due for maintenance in August 2022, I just happened to get it in August of 2020. So apparently every SE has a first service two years from incept date.

MichaelC likes this.
  15. Jamie

Jamie New Member

I have some paper work from the dealer that had the port listed. It's on the Vehical Inquiry form. My sales person is T.

TripleD likes this.
  16. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

Congratulations! Looks fantastic. I’m really envious of the 22’s new front grille. I would love that splash of body color across the front. It just looks way better. I can’t argue with any of your color choices. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GvilleGuy likes this.
  17. TittaPDX

TittaPDX Member

@Norbu72 ...I was about to post the same thing...I'm super envious of the colored front grille. And the black headlight surrounds. But love my '21!

18. GvilleGuy

If anyone wants to see more shots of the 2022, I created a shared google drive folder. I added some interior shots in addition to the outside ones.

GvilleGuy's Mini SE Photos

19. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Very nice. I'm still torn if I should add bonnet stripes to my chili red SE. I actually found some black ones with yellow pinstripe, but can't decide if it's the look I want (I have a chili red roof). Maybe I should buy them while I can, nothing says I have to put them on.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  20. Thanks for the photos, @GvilleGuy! I'm looking forward to that interior ambient lighting in my Mini. It looks SOOOO good.

Our Mini (the wife and I decided to call him Carlisle) is still sitting at the port in Southampton. It's been there since April 15th. :( Looking at the spreadsheet, seems like we may have missed the last boat to Oxnard, CA by two days.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  21. vader

vader Well-Known Member

The short answer is: YES. I am old fashioned, but in my eyes, the Cooper S was a racing car, and needed racing stripes. OK, so not all the rally Cooper S had stripes, but it is how I remember them. I like the simple, traditional design over the JCW middle stripe too.

wessy and GvilleGuy like this.
  22. GvilleGuy

Obviously, I’m in the pro stripes camp! I think it completes the Mini look.

EDIT: My favorite button push (besides starting the car) is pushing that toggle switch up into sport mode and watching the entire dash and doors go red in anticipation! It’s a great effect!!

12B0E2B6-5D63-4734-B807-7944C4C9072B.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    GetOffYourGas and MichaelC like this.
  23. GvilleGuy

Those of you who have taken delivery - did the dealership remove protective films on displays and door strips? I’m not complaining. I enjoyed peeling them. Just curious.

C33B499E-7F6B-45D2-982D-DF1BAF8BE4BD.jpeg