Where's the Forums link?

Discussion in 'General' started by DJP, Mar 28, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DJP

DJP Active Member

upload_2024-3-28_16-32-28.png

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

After emailing management about this I received a reply that the forum is "soon to be DOA". Too bad. This was one of my favourite features of Inside EVs. There will be much less reason to visit now.

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

If that's the case, then I'm gone.

5. DJP

DJP Active Member

I can't understand why they would do that. It's the one place that's not siloed to a specific brand and everyone can share their experiences and opinions in what has been a "safe place". It will make Inside EV's a much less interesting place to visit. I've learned so much here over the many years. What's going on Patrick George?

electriceddy likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I came to this site for EV chargers, the technical stuff. If it goes away, I have others:
    • Tesla Owners
    • PriusChat
    • Autoline Daily
    But I also realize hosting a forum is a lot of work for little pay or recognition. Notice I did not mention "Twitter/X" which has yet to give me any value.

Bob Wilson

Bruce M. likes this.
  8. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone, I'm Rob Lay, current admin of the Inside EVS Forums who oversaw Dom before he focused on his podcast. Dom can vouch for me. :D

Inside EVS as of last year has a different parent company than Inside EVS Forums. It looks like they've decided not to play nice anymore and removed our link.

We are still around and still supported 100%. We are actually now free and can compete with doing news like Inside EVS, if there is the demand.

So please let me know what the current concerns are and we can address.

Thanks!

Harvey, Paul K, DJP and 3 others like this.
  9. Rob Lay

gone from Inside EVS or gone from the forums?

10. Rob Lay

we're not going anywhere.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Thanks for the good news:)
    Regardless, I would prefer to keep the link to the Inside EVs news at the top of our forum list. At least until we have an editorial dept. as good as that one.

Rob Lay, Bruce M. and insightman like this.
  13. DJP

DJP Active Member

Good news, Rob!! Thanks.

14. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Well it's great news that this forum is still around. The link is now bookmarked in my browser. I don't belong to the income bracket of most EV buyers some of whom seem to be able to change vehicles as often as I change socks. The forum is one place where you can hear owner experiences with a lot of different makes. This has helped me in making purchasing decisions along the way. I have learned to value the opinions and experiences of regular contributors like "b wilson 4web" and others.

At this point the forum has kept the same "look" as Inside EVs including a link that takes you to Inside EVs news page (rather ironic wouldn't you say?). Will this be changing down the road?

Management as IEVs replied to my query that people can still post in the comments section. While I do find some interesting commentary there on the whole I find the experience of comment sections of just about any online media is like trying not to look at a car accident while driving along. They are also a place for pompous political zealots and trolls to air their vitriol for everyone to see as well as taking pot shots at others. Not pretty. Keep on keepin on Rob and thanks.

Rob Lay, Bruce M., DJP and 2 others like this.
  15. Exactly, most forums are manufacture/model specific and can be quite time consuming to sort through.
    We also have a pretty good group here, un-biased and contribute in a positive way;)

Harvey, Rob Lay and DJP like this.
  16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thank you, @electriceddy, for helping to keep InsideEVs' forums both friendly and informative.

electriceddy likes this.
  17. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member

Please check your email because after registering, a link will be sent to your email. You can also check the settings or go to the forums.

18. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

oof. wonder if this purchase will compromise anything that insideevs was doing. Probably the most useful things I see are the 70 mph range tests/car reviews or reporting on market sales. Other than that, rest is just clickbait. lol They should just stick to reporting on the state of factory development rather than unnecessarily dogpiling on Elon or something or brining up some who cares stories about nonsense happening at a charging station.

probably also means that there wont be too many more joining the forum in the future so like all 10 active members just have a place to chat I guess. lol

insightman likes this.
  19. Rob Lay

we're not going to change the links for now.

20. Rob Lay

I am talking to that side now that took over Inside EVS, hopefully something can be worked out. It is sounding like they didn't even know the forum existed.

21. Rob Lay

I think there could be some great things here with some effort. The user list is 30k, get some newsletters, social, editorials, and even podcasts going. bring @Domenick back! :)

Domenick and electriceddy like this.
  22. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    I assumed the forum was dead when I saw no link to it from the Insideevs.com site. I didn't even know this was it's own entity. I would think this would kill traffic to the forum. Too bad. There is a lot of really good content here for people to find. Can anyone say anything about the fact that Insideevs seems to have cancelled it's podcast also?