What Else is Missing from the US Version of Kona Electric

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Clamps, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. So far I've found three fairly nice features that have been omitted from the US version of the Kona.

No heat pump
    No roof rails
    No passenger electric seat adjustment

Are there other features that they kept out of the US version?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Passenger electric seat adjustment is missing everywhere. The one I wish it had is memory profiles for the driver seat and mirrors. I had that in a car back in the early 90s!! Can't believe that today all cars don't have that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    apu and Ronny like this.
  4. Mirrors are not folding on US version.

Clamps and HudsonKona like this.
  5. I saw passenger electric seat adjustments on a review of a Kona in Norway. Agee about the memory, I would like seat, mirrors and HUD, that is a big miss for every market.

You mean electrically folding? Mine manually fold forwards and backwards.

6. Yes, when you lock the car they fold in. I think it's called welcome mirrors, or so.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. HudsonKona

HudsonKona Member

Agree. I had a kia forte5 with folding mirrors before my kona ev and really liked it. Especially coming in to my garage. Hope they include that in future ev’s.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

9. Okay got it, but there isn't a Kona from any market with that feature... or is there??

I've discovered these variable features that I listed above. Was curious if there were other features available elsewhere that aren't in the US.

10. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Dual climate controls would be nice.

My wife now knows to turn off the "driver-only" climate thing when she gets in the car.

11. Is dual climate control offered in other regions where Kona is sold?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. We have passenger elec seats in our 2020 UK spec "Premium SE" - so not missing everywhere!

14. With the good mileage I think I'd only switch onto driver only in Winter time when driving alone. The rest of the time it feels like a waste of energy pressing the button.

15. I wish the UK/Euro spec had sunroof. Oh, how much would I like that. It would have been a deal breaker between models.

16. With mirrors that automatically fold on locking the car, there is an additional checkbox option for "welcome mirrors" which is where they open whenever the key is within proximity. Not too sensible if you walk past your car a lot with key in pocket, say if it's in a garage.

I would love a sunroof but Kiwis still think they all leak.

17. I love my sunroof and use it all year round. Other than the one time a seagull used the opening for target practice and ruined my lunch, it has been flawless!
    KiwiMe - have you priced having one installed from a third party? There are some pretty nice ones out there.;)

18. Front camera and proximity sensors like the rear camera.

19. I would trade my sunroof for roof rails.

20. You got it mate! But I'm keeping the heat pump ... :)

Clamps likes this.
  21. Yeah, but what you call passenger we call driver...:D

electriceddy and Esprit1st like this.
  22. Kona WC

Kona WC New Member

I think the European version now comes with a standard 11kW onboard charger, much better than the 7.2kW version in the US kona.

23. That won't make difference with domestic charging unless you have a 3-phase supply. On single phase you still get 7.4 kW at 32 amps. It's purely for certain countries that limit domestic circuits to 16 amps each but have 3-ph.