What Car Matts do you use?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Regnaston, Aug 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I am looking for mats for the car that will work for the winter months with the snow and slush. Wouldn't mind if they were usable year round either

What are all of you using for car mats (and cargo mats)

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. There are better options, but I found these to be cost effective and readily available @ any box store
    Floor mats - Goodyear 6204 series ( Home Depot $26 CDN for all 4 - on clearance - but others similar available ~ same price) They don't move or slip, and are easily removable for hosing down.
    Front:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear:
    [​IMG]

Cargo area:
    Traffic Master 3' x 4' Extreme floor mat (Home depot $30 CDN)
    I cut the mat in 2 using an olfa blade so I have a solid grip bed liner when the seats are up and the leftover piece fits on the seats when they are down.
    [​IMG]
    These pictures from my 2019 model, but I reused them in my 2021 model. Even with the spare tire installed with the Kona floor piece (if that is the proper name of it) sitting in the upper slots, it still fits perfectly:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]:)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  4. Bignz

Bignz New Member

I had the hyundai ones thrown into my purchase by the dealer. After one winter in Montréal I was left with pretty thick salt stains on the carpet on drivers side tunnel and just below the seats.

I've been looking at the tux mat ones as the seem to cover all the areas that could get salt on them. Depending on what slush/winter is for you I'd advise something that covers as much area as possible. They salt fairly heavily here due to the amount of snow and ice we get.

5. HHoulder

HHoulder New Member

I use the Hyundai premium Mats. The dealer gave them to me as part of the purchase deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. I use Tuxmat in my KIA Niro. They have a deep "basin" design.

Kirk likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rpark

rpark Member

Hyundai Premium All Weather Floor Liners - Front and back then the Hyundai Premium All Weather Cargo Tray.
    They are really solid in the winter. Hold a lot of snow and water, don't leak, fit perfect, and will work great in summer.

9. I don't have to deal with snow or even much in the way of mud, but I have the WeatherTech. I have the front set and the cargo area mat. Admittedly, I had ordered them the week before I had even set foot at the dealership to buy the Kona.

I had the front and rear sets in my previous car which, in retrospect, was silly because I rarely have backseat passengers. Haha.

10. WeatherTech.ca/com

11. Another vote for Weather Tech. Great fit, easy to clean.

12. To remove this ad click here.