Weird reversing camera fault

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SpeedyRS, Mar 31, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

I went out last night for a free DC charge and reversed into the parking bay as usual. I charged the car up and when finished I headed to the supermarket. On reversing into a space, the reverse camera didn’t come on. It had worked on the way to and from work yesterday and when reversing at the DC charger, but it just stopped working when I got to the supermarket. I hadn’t opened the boot between leaving the charger and getting to the supermarket, so it’s not that the boot wasn’t closed properly, and I checked the options on the left of the main display to ensure the camera box was checked. It was, and the display showed the small Mini with the parking sensors on the far left of the screen just as it does when the camera is on. If you untuck the camera box that display gets bigger and moves to the middle of the screen. I opened and closed the boot a couple of times, but it didn’t change. I tried again when I left the supermarket to see if it had resolved itself while the car was asleep but it was still missing. It was dark when I got home, so I just left it and intended calling the dealer this morning, but I’ve been out this morning and the camera is working as normal. I’ve not touched anything since last night.

Another weird 22 glitch like the disappearing light ring on the centre display which only ever happened once? I certainly hope so.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.