Warning beep levels

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by victor_2019, Jun 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

Is there any way to make the sound volume for the warning beeps for things like the blind spot monitoring louder?

I test drove an ioniq where the blind spot monitoring had very loud beeps but in my new kona the beeps are easily hidden by moderate music volume.

The only adjustment i found was for the parking sensors...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I'm happy to hear that its quiet actually. I'm not a fan of all the "tech" that allows people to not have to pay attn driving etc.
    I'm old school tho and will struggle not having a standard when my Kona EV arrives

4. I understand the personal differences. One wants it louder, other people not. I don't think it's adjustable, unfortunately.
    However as I mentioned in another post, we drove a Subaru (rental ICE car) with some enhanced driver assist features a little while ago and it was a lot louder and more beeps than our Hyundai Kona electric. I was actually quite annoyed after a 1 hour drive by all the different beeps and blinks it provides, so that I'm glad our Kona doesn't do it.

I actually changed my blinking habits to the better with the Kona. I tended to set the blinker the moment I started to change lanes. I now do it earlier, so I don't have to fight the LKA (lane keep assist) trying to keep me in the lane. Also it gives the tap-blinker (I like to have it set at 5 blinkings) more time and doesn't set of the blind spot alarm when I arrived in the lane I changed to because of a car being in the next lane.

5. That's exactly how I have mine set as well