Volvo CEO says dealer model is ‘flawed’

Discussion in 'General' started by interestedinEV, Feb 12, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

https://www.autodaily.com.au/volvo-ceo-says-dealer-model-is-flawed/

I know this has been discussed in this forums with @bwilson4web often questioning the value of a dealership.

This is being implemented in the UK as an agency model. Mercedes has implemented it in Germany
    (https://www.wardsauto.com/dealers/agency-model-developing-trend-new-car-retailing)

Unlikely to come to the US as states in a big way any time in the near future. States have franchise laws which will be challenged by this model, though the EV manufacturers are trying to break the trend.

States and cities are going to fight this change tooth and nail, especially if it comes to ICE cars or looks like becoming mainstream, aided by millions of lobbying dollars from the dealers. It may be more of a direct sale model in the US then the agency model or manufacturer owned dealerships.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

So today I took a fun drive to Florence AL, 80 miles (128 km) to checkout a custom butcher shop reviewed on the morning news. There are some ‘free’ L2 chargers I wanted to checkout. Four are at ICE dealerships and two at a local University. The closest was 2 miles away and the butcher shop would not open for another 45 minutes.

After plugging in, I opened PlugShare to give them a glowing recommendation. Then I read the general manager had ask another EV driver to not return as the charger was for just two makes of cars. OWCH!!!

Sunday they were closed and I wanted a return drive with a ‘reserve’ charge. So I stayed until the meat shop would be open and left. But this begs:
    • How do we thank them?
    • How do we get more public L2 EVSEs installed along favorite routes?
    Bob Wilson

4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Plugshare should not be listing sites run by clowns like that at all. Let them come up with their
    own advertising.

_H*

bwilson4web likes this.