Video - Ioniq Electric vs Niro EV

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Andre Laurence, Apr 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Hyundai Kona Electric shares a lot of technology with the Kia Niro EV, but it is not exactly the direct cousin. The Hyundai Ioniq Electric is similar to the Niro EV in an important aspect, more than the Kona Electric is. If you want to find out why, as well as find out how the Ioniq compares to the Niro, then you may want to watch this video.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. IanM

IanM New Member

Why not just tell us?

4. A 20 minute video is a bit long to put into text. I make information videos about electric cars and offer a lot of details, but if you don't want to watch and not get all of the information I can give you one word that is only a very small part of the video... wheelbase. I hope that helps and thanks for the comment.

5. Ah, yeah, I remember that. We chose the Kona partly because it fits better in our garage. And I like the funky looks, with the stubby bulldog front end.

But I would sure look hard at the new Ioniq 5 if I was buying a new EV in the coming year.

Andre Laurence likes this.
  6. The Ioniq 5 and EV6 are very enticing. I am partial to the look of the EV6.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I can't get used to looking at that back end of the EV6. Maybe if I saw it in person, it might look better.

9. I like it, but you are right, seeing it on person will be what decides things for me.

R P likes this.
  10. Robert@SF

Robert@SF New Member

I prefer the look of the Ioniq 5 over the EV6 because I prefer the blockier look for crossover/SUV vehicles. Also, the headlights are a nice combination or future meets retro.

11. I agree the headlights of the 5 are very cool.

12. To remove this ad click here.