Victoria (B.C.) Parkades and Surface Lots Chargers

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, May 30, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Be careful this summer if stopping in Victoria and wish to fill up at one of the chargers installed in Parkades or Surface Lots, check the $ rates beforehand
    [​IMG]
    They are going up:eek:

"Since January 2021, EV owners plugging in to a Level 2 station pay $1 per hour to charge and $1 per hour for parking.

Later this summer that will increase to $5 per hour, plus the cost of parking.

If you hold a monthly parking pass, you will pay $35 per month the permit, plus $0.25 per hour when plugged into a station that shares power. That increases to $1 per hour for stations that do not share power.

The increase is even more dramatic for DC fast chargers. EV owners will now have to pay $12 per hours at a 50kW station, or $16 per hour at a 100kW station. These were previously free to use."
    Source:
    https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/city-of-victoria-increases-public-ev-charger-fees/

Kirk likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. $5 an hour for level two is nuts!
    $16 per hour for 100kw really isn't that bad, it's 16cents a kw. Not that the Kona can use this speed but I'm interested to see how much of the 100kw will actually go into the "tank". If we ever get our I5 I'll try it out and let you know.

4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

BC still has the lowest DC fast charging prices in the entire country, but Drive Tesla Canada really needs to stop the misinformation and clickbait. The rates as of May 19th, 2022 are:
    • $5/hr for 25kW DCFC, $12/hr for 50kW, $16/hr for 100kW
    • $0.25/hr + $35/mo for monthly permit power sharing Level 2
    • $1/hr for public Level 2

5. rpark

rpark Member

Most DC charge rates here in Sask. are $0.33 per minute. Most L2 are free.