USA owners BLUE LINK APP UPDATED (Android)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by blakehaas, Nov 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. blakehaas

blakehaas Member

Hyundai has updated the blue link app. It looks much better now. Hopefully the communication to the car was also improved upon.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I installed it yesterday. It looks a lot nicer, and it finally shows an actual Kona electric!
    However the communication didn't seem to be significantly faster. It says now that you should wait up to a minute now when it communicates with the car.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it.. Looks so much better...

5. D s

D s New Member

Iphone app updated as well.
    Cheers!

6. Gjpzee

Gjpzee Member

It does look great! I noticed it's stays logged in, at least since this morning. I feel it's a bit faster than before too.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

The Canadian app was updated too but shows no changes other than no longer automatically timing out the first time you check status.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  9. Gjpzee

Gjpzee Member

After using the app the last two days its definitely faster. Remote commands and vehicle status updates as well. Just takes a couple of seconds now

10. I wish it was like that for me. It still takes about the same time.

11. Is the "invite other drivers" feature new?
    I don't recall ever seeing that in the old app.
    I assume you can authorize/invite other people to remotely connect to the car. That is definitely nice!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

It was always in the desktop version.

I should add that I tried getting my wife added last night - it sent an invitation email to her - that part worked. When she tried to register, something seemed to hang, and it would just sit and spin. I will have her try again today and see if it works any better.

I still need to get the ChargePoint app installed on her phone (that's what we seem to have the most of around here), with a few EVgo here and there.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  14. Nice update, definitely faster for me. This was much needed in my opinion.

15. milesian

milesian New Member

While the new app is nice, I'm just relieved that it didn't break the smartwatch app. The watch has always had minimal wait, mainly because everything happens in reverse: my watch queues up the command first, then the phone app goes to work in the background. This means I rarely have to watch the phone app spin its wheels, thank goodness.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

16. Grego

Grego Member

Owner of a 2020 Kona Preferred Canadian version...does it have remote start the app and I just can't find it?

Attached Files:

17. There is no remote start. The only purpose of a remote start in an ICE car is to warm it up or cool it, climate control. So with an EV you just turn on the (preset) climate settings in the app.

18. HudsonKona

HudsonKona Member

Yup, nice update. Does it by any chance show the car in your actual color? My car is black, and the new image is black too! Coincidence?

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

19. No, I believe it's the actual color. Not 100% sure though.

20. Not a coincidence. Mine is silver and it shows silver in the app on my phone.

21. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

yes for climate.click on climate,and you need your pin to activate,and use ongoing.it ONLY activates for about 10 minutes which doesn't help when it's extreme hot,or cold.the app's not the most intuitive.

22. On the contrary. My Kona sat out in the Las Vegas sun while I was at work so it gets hot in there! The 10 minutes cool down is enough to get it very comfortable.

23. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

In the cold like Buffalo member @JumpingIntoEV may have a layer of de icing,plus snow on the windshield,and cabin heating.Just pre heat is fine,actually REALLY warm for 69F/21C. From other members,it seems the hvac results are better for some.You may have excellent AC in your Kona,while others may as well not have heat as part of their hvac.