Updated NAV / MAPS eta: Mid-November

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Oct 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Chatted with Map-n-Soft team .. Was told an Update to NAV/MAPS is due out mid-November.

KonaAU and Ferenc Jakab like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Unfortunately, what this really means is: we have worked solidly to introduce new bugs and assorted problems and plan to issue these in due course. Please note that we have not made any attempt to fix any bugs that have been reported this year. The new ones will be exactly that.
    Can anyone spot my deliberate mistake? OK, I confess: there isn't one. Ask Hyundai whether they have ever fixed a reported bug .....? FWIW I sent them a long list of the bugs that I discovered last February. Not one was ever fixed.

Lawrence H

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

For anyone interested, or daring, the latest NAV/MAPS just got released.

5. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

As is often the case, I just cannot find any link. The 'update page on Hyundai's site only lists the May update - which has been there a very long time.

Lawrence

6. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

FWIW I just downloaded/installed the updater - and was told that it is exactly the same edition as the last one.

Lawrence

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. duende

duende New Member

@Lawrence for the moment that seems to be available for US/CAN only

9. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

OK - fair enough. Never mind, I got loads of good pictures of the eclipse! :)

Lawrence

duende and Ginginova like this.
  10. I installed the update. Not much new, just a few new Sounds of Nature, and they brought the EV screen from Ioniq 5 down to the Kona. The only new piece of information it shows is the difference in range with climate on or off. The other changes aren't really worth talking about.

11. I installed this the other day.. unfortunately it made the voice command to find an address not work. It thinks for a while and then I get a message that there was no server response

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Installed latest update/ Took about 1 hour 15 mins to install. Initial thing I noticed is that the SIRIUSXM panel on the right side now has a 'washed out' appearance. Like the station ICON DISPLAY is bleeding into the panel - almost looking like the screen has burned out image or something. (hard to explain, but very obvious). When I scroll UP/DOWN to the other screens, like Charging, Compass, Time, etc, the screen looks just fine. It's just the stations on SIRIUS that look bad. I'll open a ticket with the MAP-n-Soft team to report this.

14. Pretty sure that's intentional. The background of that pane is blown-up and heavily-blurred copy of the album art.

15. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

This is new in this release. Frankly, it looks bad, imho. Like they're "mirroring" the station id (e.g., CNN) that is causing this bleed thru appearance. What is the point?

16. Atlasman

Atlasman New Member

I updated and now I'm getting the same error message.

17. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

For any issues we're encountering, you can generate a problem report at : https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/forum/kona

I did that for the new screen bleed thru issue on the siriusxm screen. I'll test that issue about voice commands not working.

18. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Thank you all for reminding me why I will not be doing this map update.

Josh815 likes this.
  19. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Finally tested this yesterday. Working fine for me. Are you still having that issue or did it go away?