Two Beeps inside when opening driver's door

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Chanks, Aug 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Chanks

Chanks New Member

It's happened more than once now where I've opened my Driver's door and heard two short beeps. It's different than the lock/unlock beep. It definitely originates from inside the car, near the dash maybe. Has anybody had this happen or know what it is?

It just happened today. I got home from work and went back to the car about 30 mins later to leave for an errand. The car was not charging and was already unlocked. I opened the rear driver's side door and then the driver's door. The beeps definitely happened when I opened the driver's door.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

I get that if a seat position is associated with the fob and it adjusts to the set position.

4. Chanks

Chanks New Member

Thanks! That makes perfect sense. I moved the seat slightly during my previous drive.

5. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Advantage base model. No preset settings, so no beeping. :)

6. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

If only one driver uses the car you can turn off the beeps (and auto adjustment) by turning off the fob link:

Settings -> Vehicle -> Driving Position Setup -> Memory Position Link

It's personal preference, with the link turned off you can still store memory seat positions but it won't automatically adjust the seats to the preset position every time you get into the car. There is pro and con for each, for a single driver who doesn't really use the memory feature, if the link is turned on and you adjust the seats to a more comfortable position, you have to remember to store the new setting otherwise it reverts to the previously stored setting the next time you get in the car. Whereas with the link turned off the seats will always be in the same position they were in the last time you drove. But even with the link turned off you can still revert to a previously stored seat position at any time just by pushing the button.

Texas22Step likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.