Tesla superchargers now open to Ford EV's

Discussion in 'F-150 Lightning' started by Fastnf, Feb 29, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    andyG59 and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. With the com embedded within the vehicle pretty simple usage compared to previous methods.
    Apparently possible to download the Fordpass app using an android emulator on pc based w10 using Bluestacks or NoxPlayer if a cell is not available to top up account?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    andyG59 likes this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Got mine on order, had to sign up for BlueOval Charge Network but at no cost.

Apparently there will be a software update for plug & charge for Tesla Superchargers.

upload_2024-2-29_14-23-8.png

5. I ordered mine as well. Status shows mine will arrive in May. It appears that the number to the right of the zeros in the order # x000yyyy is the place in line for the adapter. So it looks like there are over 9000 people ahead of me. I haven't received the OTA update yet but won't worry about it until I receive the adapter. Hopefully I have the up date before then. It is my understanding that you can also use the Tesla app to start a charging session

6. Puppethead

Mine apparently isn't coming until July. Guess any cross-country trips will have to be postponed until later this summer.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Its either that or get an aftermarket adapter. I will wait but I have seen a few people that have been able to charge using the aftermarket adapters

9. Puppethead

Watch A Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Perfectly At A Tesla Supercharger

Tom Moloughney got an adapter from Ford and has a video charging a Lightning. An interesting safety feature of the adapter is internal temperature sensors so the adapter can signal to slow down/stop charging.

What's nice is the Tesla app is not needed if "plug & charge" is enabled, which happened for me once I signed up for BlueOval Charge Network.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    electriceddy, Fastnf and andyG59 like this.