Tesla Merger candidates...??? Magna?

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Dec 1, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Musk said not doing hostile take overs but open to mergers if someone wanted to merge they'd discuss it.

But who? Magna? That might make some sense. Magna actually builds tech and whole cars and isn't just an ad firm and repackager fossil fuel company like GM.
    Could cancel all their ICE stuff to ICE makers and repurpose all their assets to Tesla production.

Could absorb Daimler if Germany would allow it. Cancel its stupid hydrogen semi bs.
    Just thinking about how the FF crowd gets so upset about 100% true green and no use for fossil fuels. Its the same with hydrogen. For their frauds to work their they need some bs story how ever remotely plausible. They think that gets them a seat at the table. But we have to say no to their people, their money and their rent seeking.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't see any automaker agreeing to have Tesla buy it, since that would likely mean ending all ICE manufacture almost immediately. That's more risk than major shareholders could deal with.

Fastnf likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Tesla has been buying/merging with companies that improve their vertical integration. So I could see:
    • mining - companies with battery and solar cell, mineral holdings.
    • EV charging network - to replace CCS-1/J1772 lanes with multi-hose, Tesla chargers.
    • wind/tidal turbine generation - to increase the areas providing energy.
    • truck stop lots - build out trucker EV charging, rest, and restaurant. Backdoor service and dealers for States banning Tesla.
    Mining with mine-head refining shortens the Tesla supply chain. Excess production can be sold open market. The edge of the property can have truck-grade EV charging.

EV charging network such as EVgo or ChargePoint to gain their existing grid ties and charging lanes. In effect, putting pressure on the other EV makers to negotiate SuperCharger access.

The perfect complement to a wind or water turbine is a grid sized battery array. So Tesla can buffer and sell power when demands are high. A battery tower topped with a modular wind generator comes to mind.

I first thought about buying an existing truck stop but step one would be to bulldozer the lot. Instead, buy a lot with negotiated grid access and build out with battery buffers. The Texas 'space port' plans come to mind but whose primary customers are EV truckers.

Generally, it appears Tesla works best when they 'clean sheet' manufacturing versus trying to repurpose existing buildings and staff. There is a reason why existing vehicle manufacturers are making mediocre product.

Existing manufacturers try to blend their legacy design rules into a new technology instead of letting new technology force the new design rules. Change is difficult and building new should filter out legacy supervisors who need new jobs but not with Tesla. For example, Comnet was a mainframe service company I worked for after the Marines.

Comnet won several major contracts because we had lower costs from new technology. But as we grew, legacy supervisors from the losing companies were hired and turned out to be 'poison pills.' They could not adapt to Comnet's better technology and processes. They ran off the Comnet assets, skilled workers, and I was one. The same happened to Apple when they ran off Steve Jobs.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Domenick likes this.
  5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Lets hope they don't bite unless its a BYD or something like that. China might not allow it but could purge any Buffet BS like dumb fuel cells. Grey and Blue fuel cells need to be banned and no public should money should be spent on sequestration
    - public money should be spent on giving the fossil fuel industry in its enterity a permant negative ROI.

6. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Daimler is a bad idea. Chrysler merged with it and thought it was an equal partnership but ended up getting ruined by the merger after being in the best shape it had ever been with Lee Iococca.

An equal merger with Tesla would be horrid like Tesla losing 300 IQ points in a massive dumbing down but an acquistion and instant purging of ICE if practical could make sense. But wait till its bankrupt and its debt is disappeared and trash assets (liabilities) written off and its dealer contracts dissolved.

Daimler would come with a ton of lame debt and a bunch of dealers to be rid of and a bunch of ICE assembally crap to be written off and a bunch of people with the wrong skills and a beyond dumb class 8 hydrogen program to cancel and an in-the-pocket of fossil fuels union. To acquire it and instantly cancel all its fossil fuel products, purge its board and c suit of fossil fuel trash and eject its fake captured union and cancel the Daimler and Mercedes names to mark the end of the ICE era or at least call it Tesla- Daimler... maybe but let it do that to itself and fish it out of post bankruptcy- save it from Greely. Its still a dumb company with dumb executives because despite cancelling its future ICE car production it thinks its going to continue to make diesel trucks for years and the 10x dumber move which shows its brain dead is its pushing hydrogen bs for class 8 trucks hydrogen in any form! Tesla really can't learn anything from MB at this point about maufacturing or quality- Daimler is another hollowed out out-source-er. Better to take their suppliers and have them cancel their ICE component contracts. Tesla doesn't need Daimler's old factories and bad habits and ICE culture. I'd be a lot more positive on Daimler if they'd cancel their stupid diesel trucks and sell off the support of existing diesels and instantly end the hydrogen scam/ploy. Most likely they will be merged by the state into VW after VW also goes bankrupt.

Magna as the largest of the contract makers makes more sense (if they were interested)- has comparatively little debt, much smaller marker cap but larger capacity and a global presence and has made millions of vehicles for some of the better makes and is a Tesla supplier and pursuing electric and autonomy tech. There is also Inkoman, VDL, and Valmet- these smaller companies can still be acquired (if they were interested) and used to cancel ICE production.

Plus acquistions can be a major distraction and drain. ICE is being decapitalized their share holders will come begging but what they present can't be a ICE laced poison pill it has to detoxified first. The street was trying to suggest a GM acquisition or a Ford or FCA or Renault Alliance- all jokes! Buying GM would be like trying to consume a sewer rat raw with all that toxic debt and it has literally nothing to offer Tesla in tech only its endless problems and bad karma.
    Rescue the share holders of that fossil fuel turd for its worker sell out sabotage green
    behavior- never! Ford- you'd get the Ford family, no way! I don't believe Bill Ford is serious about going green, I think its a ploy same kind Bara is running. Judged by actions even FCA Stellantis is more serious because the FCA guy bought Tesla credits and said they'd buy Tesla skate boards and was totally agnostic in tone but also inevitable. Japan won't let Nissan go but I think Ghosen got more heat for scuttling Japan's BEV enterants and let them eat cakes parties.

The only ICE companies remotely worth it after right sizing if it were practical or possible and its neither would be Honda, Toyota and Hyundai. Their share holders are going to wish Tesa had acquired them.

7. To remove this ad click here.