Storage and transport bag for factory MINI charger

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Teddydogno1, Nov 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

For me, the factory EVSE/Charger/Cable for the Mini will live in the car for emergency/rare use. The clear plastic bag it came in is pretty flimsy. Since it will live in the car, I would like to get a decently padded bag for it. Maybe even with Velcro on it (like the tire pump kit) so it stays put in the trunk well.

Anyone have a recommendation? A very quick Amazon search manly pulls up round jumper cable bags, which don't seem like the best size, shape or level of protection.

Thanks!

Rob

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I've been meaning to ask, is the included cable just level 1, for a regular home outlet?

4. Teddydogno1

Yes. And maxed at 10 A in the US market anyway.

Rob

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

On the InsideEVs Honda Clarity forum, there was much speculation about what would happen if someone plugged the included Level 1 EVSE into a 240-Volt source. Eventually, there was a brave someone who made an adapter cable and lived to tell the rest of us that EVSE does work on 240 Volts and provides accelerated charging. I'm not suggesting anyone here try this out.

6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My cable came in a nylon bag, as shown below. I'm surprised yours didn't.

upload_2021-11-12_19-8-31.png

Miniman and Texas22Step like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Teddydogno1

Thin, clear plastic bag with cheap drawstring.

Rob

Miniman likes this.
  9. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Same here, I just shoved mine against the side of the trunk compartment then used the Velcro tire kit to hold it there

10. Teddydogno1

This:

upload_2021-11-12_17-26-5.jpeg

Change for 2022?

Rob

Miniman likes this.
  11. insightman

I got my 2021 SE before the world-wide bag shortage

upload_2021-11-12_21-21-48.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

14. insightman

Send your heated steering wheel (of little value in Greenville) and I'll send you my fabulous bag (which you'll rarely have occasion to see under your cargo floor).

15. Puppethead

First they robbed SE owners of the promised 120/240 V TurboCord, and now the storage bag? Boo.

mini-cooper-se-charging-2.jpg

Miniman likes this.
  16. Greencarguy

Greencarguy New Member

I’m still bummed about the lack of Harmon Kardon speakers.

17. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

18. Teddydogno1

I'm not sure what you are asking. I have installed Plugshare and even looked at it a couple of times. My post is about protecting my factory charge cable from damage while it lives in my trunk. I have a Grizzl-e installed at home so will probably rarely use it.

Rob

19. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

I'm asking if you've thoroughly investigated the public charging in your area. I couldn't find a reason to bring my 120V charger with me as the areas where I drive are sufficiently covered with public L2. YMMV of course.

20. Puppethead

I keep mine in the boot. To me it's like carrying a jack or tire inflation kit, never know when you may need to plug in unexpectedly. Although I never carried a fuel container in my ICE vehicles.

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  21. Teddydogno1

I am aware of many chargers in the area. I have used none of them yet. Today I have had my Mini for 1 week. Like @Puppethead, I'm carrying it as a contingency because I don't yet know what I will or won't need with it.

Rob

Miniman likes this.
  22. BostonSE

BostonSE New Member

I took delivery of my Mini the first week of November. It has HK speakers.