Speaking of charge stations at gas stations...

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Teddydogno1, Oct 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Yesterday I made the 42 mile (one way) drive to our data center near the Sea-Tac airport. Drove the new Camaro because my Mini is still on its Atlantic cruise.

On the way out, I noticed some EV charging stations near the freeway on/off-ramp by a Shell Station. So cool! Once it is here, I could take the Mini without any fear of running out of juice if there happened to be bad traffic, or I started with a less-then-full pack, or I had other side trips to do. The Mini should be able to do the round trip just fine under normal circumstances.

I looked it up on ABRP today and found that the charging is actually AT the Shell Station. One of their "Greenlots" charging stations. I'm having trouble finding pricing info for it right now though. The Greenlots website seems more geared toward driving property owners to set up charging than for people who want to charge their EV.

EDIT: Installed their app and found the station. They have ChAdeMO, CCS and J1772. All are $0.21/kWh

Interesting note: the Greenlots app shows other providers nearby, including status and pricing where available. Shows the EVgo station at the Ace Hardware by home as well as many Chargepoint and Puget Sound Energy (the power company) chargers. Doesn't seem to show Electrify America, though.

Rob

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Have you tried PlugShare (website and app)? It's an excellent way to find charging locations, with pricing info and status on what's working and not.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  4. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Yes, I have that app too. But didn't check it. As an non-EV-driver still, I'm not yet used to checking all these apps!

Rob

GvilleGuy likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Also, you can turn on charging stations (and turn off gas stations) in the MINI navigation, so they'll show up as icons on your map.

6. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

I like that, didn't know it could do that. I'm gonna have to spend more time playing with my car instead of driving it so much.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.