Soul Spy Questions

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by cmwade77, Nov 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Ok, so question time. I just got Soul Spy Pro, but I have no clue how to tell what is normal range on the Kona.

I see some temperature values that are pink and the rest of the values are gray.

Can someone please help me understand the numbers and how to read their color coding system? It would be nice if the said what normal temperature range, etc. is.

Screenshot_20201108-105717.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

The color coding really just helps to quickly identify one value that is different from the others.

4. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

I see, are there things to watch out for? Like how much a difference in numbers is acceptable for both temperature and voltage?

5. A variance of .02V up or down is normal.

6. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Ok and optimal battery temperature?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Not sure about temp, but can only guess that is part of the TMS which will keep it in the acceptable range.

KiwiME likes this.
  9. Can Soul Spy damage the car in any way? Is it possible that it could interfere with the warranty or the dealer could blame any problems on Soul Spy and refuse service?

10. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

I don't see how, it is literally a read only program, it does nothing that writes to the car. TorquePro may be different and LeafSpy on the Nissan Leaf is also different.

11. What kind of dongle do you use? The one suggested by the developer is out of stock everywhere:

"Konnwei KW902 ELM-327 v1.5 Bluetooth adapters are available for around $10-$30, and you need one for Soul EV Spy to fetch data from your car.
    NOTE: None of the many ELM-327 v2.1 adapters tested with the app works properly! Many ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth adapters does not work with the app, regardless of price."

I have one of these ELM327 v2.1 and can confirm it is not working.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. There's been enough experience among owners to feel safe in using it. Also, the car has a "gateway" (a firewall) to isolate the two diagnostic ports from the business side of the networks. If you want to look at certain things you need to tap into the CAN networks on the other side and that's where you need to know what you're doing.

14. I see. thanks!