Setup of Apple Maps?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by azausa, Jul 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I was playing around with the Nav of the SE, and stumbled on “Maps in Apple CarPlay”, and after clicking on it led me to the “Finish setup on your phone”

So went to my iPhone and can’t see any setup to complete on the Maps app nor on any Settings on the phone.

Has anybody encountered this, and able to tell me what to do?

Or is this one of those vague messages coming from the SE?

Noting that I can access CarPlay and the CarPlay Maps on the SE.

Attached are the screenshots.

IMG_5895.JPG IMG_5896.JPG

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

It’s interesting seeing the Carplay icons on the right side in a right hand drive car. What icons come up when you press the bottom right button with the 8 squares? Apple Maps should be one of the icons that appears. Try selecting it from there.

If you go into the phone’s settings and select General > Carplay > (you car name) > Cusomize, you can select what apps appear on your car’s screen and you can rearrange them.

4. Yup, Maps is one of the icons after pressing the 8 squares, and that is where I go when I use Apple Maps. And yup, I have customised my car screen from the CarPlay settings on my iPhone; that is why I am befuddled by the notification “Finish setup on your phone”; when I have been using Apple Maps on the SE for awhile now.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

6. Should Apple Maps come up immediately when I clicked on the “Maps in Apple CarPlay” option?

Anyways I can still use Apple Maps when I click on CarPlay from the MINI Menu.

The option “Maps in Apple CarPlay intrigues me, more so the succeeding notification that I have to “Finish setup on your phone”

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

On our 2020 BMW X3 the apple map shows up on the heads up display when you hold the microphone down and say “Siri, directions to……” which is nice since the BMW navigation doesn’t always have the current map. I was disappointed on my 2023 Mini SE cuz the apple map does not show on the heads up display, only the Mini navigation. It shows on the CID but not heads up. This is my only disappointment so far which is minor.

azausa likes this.
  9. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

When I press “Maps in Apple CarPlay” it launches the Apple map.

azausa likes this.
  10. Thanks, now I know what that is supposed to do and is not doing. It is really disappointing that there are differences between countries on how the SE software is implemented.

Having said that, I really love driving the SE!