Release of NOV 2021 NAV Maps & Software - Pulled by HYUNDAI

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Nov 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

So the MapnSoft folks release the bi-yearly update for the latest NAV stuff on November 8th. Tried using the UPDATER and low and behold, it is "TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE". I contacted the MapnSoft forum and was told by them that "HYUNDAI MOTORS PULLED THE UPDATE". Evidently a major issue in it ...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hmmm …. Mine updated last week. I’ve got high hopes because the last version was awful. It usually worked OK here in semi-rural Vancouver Island but got completely bamboozled both times I was over in Vancouver lately.

Haven’t had time to check the new one out much but I really hope it tells me what side of the street my destination is when I arrive.

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Interesting. Must be because of your location (Canada). The US version for my KONA was in fact "pulled".

5. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Well, looks like HYUNDAI released the Nov2021 update finally, today ... Downloading now. Has anyone actually UPDATED their s/w to this latest version?

6. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

I'm in Canada and downloaded it this Sunday after seeing this post.
    Haven't really seen any different things hehe

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yea, not much new ... However It includes a MAJOR fix for an issue I've had since last January though -- sending the POI Address to my car ALWAYS failed, even though it said "SUCCESSFUL" ... I had a ticket open with HYUNDAI for nearly a year. So really happy to have that feature back.

Other than THAT, only a couple of things changed that are pretty worthless (to me). Wish they'd bring back that darn 3 SPLIT Screen though.

9. Never lost it, I am still running the original software and have no intention of "upgrading" it.
    Works flawless for me.;)

syntaxfx likes this.
  10. ^^Same here. I brought my Kona in for its first "service" (5000 miles) this morning and made sure to confirm that the service department wasn't going to apply any NAV updates. The service advisor helping me even chuckled and said that he's been getting asked that a lot lately.

11. I don't know if mine just happened automagically or if my tech-crazy grandson who was sitting in the car hit "accept" when a notice appeared. Anyway, I've got it and so far haven't noticed much difference. Still doesn't tell me what side of the street my destination is on - something my old Elantra managed to do.

syntaxfx likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Are these OTA updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

14. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

No ... USB stick ... Das Kona - maybe post a pic of your software version (Setup / General) ... this is not an OTA update.

Yellerledbetty likes this.
  15. Okay! TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

16. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

PS - Hyundai PULLED this version again. So if you attempt to download, you'll get a message that it is (again) Temporarily Unavailable. This is due to a major issue going on with the latest release (which I reported to them Friday). There is a separate thread on that issue. They expect to have the "fix" applied in the coming week and said to try again NEXT week.

17. Here’s a pic of my software version. I’m assuming it’s the latest, but let me know
    upload_2021-11-24_9-25-9.jpeg

18. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

That's the CANADA version ... No idea ... sorry. (The November 2021 USA version was the one that was pulled)

19. Ginginova

Ginginova Active Member

I doubt Canada is much different versus rest of the world and USA.
    Basically software seems to be one year old - dated October 2020 and therefore most probably outdated.
    Maybe worth waiting another month for Hyundai to sort out latest November 2021 software updates before updating it.

20. Looks like my bad, thinking mine had automatically updated on its own. Never trust what a grandson sitting in the car tells you. I've looked into the actual updating now, and it seems to be telling me the 2021 isn't available to download right now.

21. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

correct, it isn't available because there is a MAJOR flaw in it .. I take my car in Dec 3rd for the engineers to capture logs files to try to figure out WTF is broken.