Rear view monitor???

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 6' started by XtsKonaTrooper, Jan 1, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

This is mostly for Canadian spec i6s.
    I see in videos from other countries, ppl are driving the i6 and view the rear camera while driving forward.
    Do we have that on the Canadian version?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. We have the button. It is needed for the self parking. Never tried it while driving forward on the road, but looking at the manual, starting at section 7-95, looks like you can do it. Not sure why I would want to use it, unless maybe someone tailgating me and I want the plate number.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  4. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Yeah that part of the manual, does say while driving. Rear view monitor via that button. Sitting in the dealer car other day, I only tried via touchscreen.
    I just think for me, sometimes I might try it. It just seems rearview mirror is limited.
    Grant it, as no one usually sits there, I'd prolly remove the headrests.
    I'm possibly getting the red one too. Both wife and I, have never had a red car. Hehe

5. I never had any trouble seeing with the rear view mirrors, and didn't remove any rear headrests. The middle one is set lower, so full view to the rear there. I don't think it is any different than most other cars in that respect, certainly not any that I have owned.

Yup, get the red one, makes for a very pretty car. Just be ready for all the attention you will get. And cops might not be as gracious with letting you off if caught speeding. And safer, too, in that other cars can't miss seeing you in roundabouts and when changing lanes. When I had my light blue Crosstrek, can't count the number of times people have inadvertently pulled out in front of me. Wife said the same thing. Had to watch other cars like a hawk, not always knowing whether they see you or not. Has yet to happen with the I6. My Solterra is grey, and has happened with it, too.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.