Potential legal action against Hyundai Motor Finance

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Sep 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

The buyback of my 2019 Kona was completed 7/13 and the car was paid off 7/16.
    The car was overpaid by about $1400. I have called several times and the associate sent e-mails regarding my refund and I have not received my over payment yet. I will send them a registered letter demanding that they send my refund or I'll take legal action.. Will file in small claims court should they not refund my over payment..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I have the same issue. My financing was overpaid as well. I called hmf (Hyundai motor finance) and they said a check will be mailed to me. This was just a few days ago, so we'll see when I get that.

Who did you call?

4. FloridaSun

I called the customer support line.. 3 or 4 times already..

5. Hyundai corporate customer support? Did you finance through Hyundai Motor Finance (hmf)? If you did, call them directly. They are actually very nice always available and helped me out immediately.

6. FloridaSun

I called HMF.. Hyundai Corporate is not the issue.. They paid off the agreed upon amount to HMF. That amount was $1400 higher than my balance as I made 2 extra payments. HMF owes me that money!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Oh definitely. Same here, and when I called they said the check will be on its way soon. I never had problems reaching them either.

9. Forms of cheques have been used since the 9th century and are considered a marginal (at best) payment system, electronic payment is the true form accepted presently.
    Sounds like a typical delay from cooperate to evade (prolong the inevitable) recuperation to the recipient while using those funds to better advantage to the company.
    Personally I would not be included as a "happy camper";)

10. Haha, you tell me. No kidding. I personally don't use checks at all and I am blown away that they are SO common here in the US. But that's how it is. Hyundai printed a several 10k check for my buyback! Ridiculous! Come into the 21st century, banks!