Parking sensors?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ohliuw, Jan 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Long story short, wife doesn't seem to care when driving backwards, need new bumper.

Now, I want to install front and sensors, any reason NOT to buy these (the Honda rear OEM are BS price for a couple of sensors and beeper)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000820535543.html

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's worse than you stated. All Honda sells is a set of color-keyed sensors. The rest of the system is built-in with the beeper, wiring and plugs already there. Of course, that integration is the advantage the Honda rear sensors offer. OTOH, something like the OLNYO sensors and display unit represent the only option for adding front sensors to a Clarity.

4. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Wonder if the accord front and back sensor would work with thé Clarity...

If I find it on a place like Amazon where I can return if it doesn’t work, I would definitely give it a try. I don’t think it’s any different, but for the same price you get the front as well, so it makes it à bit more worth

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V67-TVA-MMC.html

5. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

I am not sure what you mean by the wiring controller and buzzer being there? Looking at the install guide, it appears that you need to install these as I think they come as what they call attachment kit?

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/clarity/2019/backupsensors.pdf

turtleturtle likes this.
  6. insightman

Thanks for that link. It shows I was totally wrong. Now I realize the dealer techs did more work to install the sensors than I knew. The exorbitant price they charged me doesn't seem quite so exorbitant now.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

I have some feeling that the sensor system they use are the same one as odyssey and CRV old models. I will check in some junkyards in spring and try to pull out some stuff

9. insightman

I was mistaken to believe the Clarity's rear parking sensor system was integrated into the rest of the car's electronics. Because it's a separate system I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to use a duplicate setup (or some other manufacturer's system) on the front of the Clarity, too. I hope you are lucky enough to find sensors of an appropriate color.

10. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Well, the challenge with the front sensors is to figure out when/how to activate it. I think most widely used options are with some sort of a switch.

As for the rear one, The only things that needs to match is pretty much the connector to the back lights. The Clarity has 6 pin, so when it warms up, I will be visiting the local Kenny u pull to see if I can find something that would fit

11. To remove this ad click here.