Odb battery info like leafspy?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by tran604, Jan 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. tran604

tran604 Member

does anyone know if there is an app similar to Leafspy that can read the Konas battery, via the odb port?

I saw someone using a similar app with the Kona EV but can’t find it anymore.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Roy A. likes this.
  4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Roy A. likes this.
  5. tran604

tran604 Member

thanks for the info, have to try this weekend.

Domenick likes this.
  6. tran604

tran604 Member

Got Torque Pro to work with the Kona EV. lots of useful information like: all 96 cell voltage, battery temp and BMS state of charge instead of display state of charge.

Also was able to finally get Blue Link working, very disappointed. useless information, lock unlock, hazards and horn ect.
    Could not even get remote heating and cooling to work. Even the Leaf had a better app. IMG_3070.jpg IMG_3069.jpg

Jared Potter and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Those are some nicely balanced cells! :)
    Blue Link should pre-condition (heat/cool) the cabin remotely. I'd consider asking the dealer why it isn't working. (or maybe some other owner here might know) It does have some features that could really come in handy like SOS Emergency and Roadside Assistance.
    Just for reference, here's the link to the Hyundai Canada's Blue Link section of its website.

Roy A. likes this.
  9. Do you get cell voltage displayed for all 98 cells?

10. tran604

tran604 Member

Yes all 96 cells can be displayed.
    It's just tedious work adding all cells into the program and aligning them.

11. tran604

tran604 Member

been to the dealers couple times with no luck getting bluelink to pre-condition heat/cool remotely with the app, they havent even tried the app with the Kona EV yet. Emailed BlueLink few days ago too with no reply yet. Maybe Hyundai still have not implemented this feature of the app for the kona ev's yet. same with registering the cars VIN # for the app, took 3 to 5 business days.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I've asked others in another thread with a link back to here. Hopefully, other owners will chime in with their experience with BlueLink.

14. Pre-heating both the cabin and the battery are the two most important functions for Blue link. It's completely unacceptable for these functions to be missing. Like deal-breaker unacceptable, particularly when their current ad campaign is totally focused on this feature.

15. tran604

tran604 Member

Good news.

Opened the bluelink app today, totally different layout. As if Hyundai listened . Heating/ cooling is there, battery status, charge percentage, charge speed, km left estimated charge time ect. Can even start preheat / cool without having the car being plugged in. Can schedule climate control from the app. App seems alot faster to send commands to the car. I count 5 seconds almost everytime from clicking send to the car responding. Great work Hyundai.

5B12D39C-F786-444F-AEE4-1B784830B0C9.png 30EACA5E-4D68-487A-A6C2-C6BA667F01D8.png 1DDCC84C-CBBF-4AE6-AFE0-EBBA7F71C87F.png DDD8C886-AFD5-494A-B195-543E118EC501.png 243C66F5-19F3-436E-B617-C997DAB69F2A.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  16. Excellent news. Thanks for the images.

17. Roy A.

Roy A. New Member

@tran604
    hi, what ODB scanner did you use?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
  18. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

19. It works with my $21 bluetooth dongle from amazon.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  20. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Worked with my bt one from amazon too.

21. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

Do you have an Android or iPhone?

22. android S8+

23. Dan Pasch

Dan Pasch Member

BC-Doc likes this.