New Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bwilson4web, Sep 1, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source_1:
    https://www.youtube.com/live/H2RpF6cgMVo?si=9dkg9bcSmsp0ft9V

Source_2:

Source_3:

Hummmm, if I could get one before September 30, I could transfer my FSD to the new Model 3. So my options:
    • KEEP OLDER EVS - 2019 Model 3 Standard Range Plus and 2017 BMW i3-REx. This keeps me in self-maintenance mode and modifications I get to experiment on both cars to extend life and performance.
    • ADD NEW MODEL 3 - trade-in either the 2019 Model 3 or 2017 BMW i3-REx for the new Model 3. Self maintenance on the retained, older car and HOOT HOOT the new Model 3. But ordering one, there is a risk of getting an 'inventory' Model 3, not the new one.
    Regardless, the older Model 3 has just become a buyer's market. Tesla wants to dispose of the suddenly older Model 3s to promote selling the new Model 3s. When that happened with Macintosh, I always bought the fire sale priced, older model.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks for the videos, Bob! Now the important questions I'm sure you can answer (not):

First, what is the Tesla community going to call the new Model 3? Will it be the "new Model 3" until the next update when it will be called the "old new Model 3?"

You can't choose to buy the new one? You puts your money down and it's a crap-shoot whether you get a new- or old-style Model 3? I assumed Tesla would discount the old-style Model 3s to clear their inventory (as they are wont to do at quarter-times).

You can refuse a Model 3 if they try to foist an inventory unit on you, right? Will that put you at the back of the line, behind people ordering a Model 3 the day you refused the inventory unit?

Clearly, the Tesla community will know when the first new-style Model 3 is delivered. Will all Model 3s delivered after that day be the new-style Model 3 or will it still be a crap-shoot?

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hummm, 'coke', 'classic coke', 'diet coke' ... English is flexible enough to come up with something more than what Coca-Cola came up with. <GRINS>

As long as we don't call it 'tab'. Definition of Dixie: where you get Dr Pepper from the Coke machine; iced tea is always available, and; grits'n gravy is the breakfast of ... everyone.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    insightman likes this.
  5. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Of course we have no idea when - or if - the "Highland" M3 refresh will become available in North America, or what its specs may or may not be. I mean, we can ASSUME it will get here - eventually - but it looks as if it's going to be very popular in the markets in which it's been released: Europe, Scandinavia and Asia. I suppose it's a question of how long it will take them to retool Fremont...

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Really?

7. To remove this ad click here.