New owner intro...

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by nigels, May 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. nigels

nigels Active Member

I've been watching this forum for a while and just started posting to a few threads, but I figured it was poor form to just walk into the room and start talking without first introducing myself. So here goes!

I live in Massachusetts and just leased a Kona Electric Ultimate in Ceramic Blue/Pebble Blue interior. I picked it up on Monday. I love this car, not just a little, but a lot! It's not just new car syndrome, this feels like a car from a completely different century compared to the Audi it replaced. It's remarkable.

This is my first electric car. I'm a dyed-in-wool manual transmission shifting, ICE-powered sports car aficionado. There's nothing like taking a flat six engine to the redline or perfecting the perfect heel-and-toe downshift. I like my sports cars as analog as possible, just like my stereo equipment :) I'm a technologist by trade and I love tech just as much, but differently. The Kona Electric satisfies my digital side.

I ordered my Kona Electric sight unseen. I'd never seen it in Ceramic Blue, but was determined not to have another white/black/silver car. I wanted something different. Fortunately, it's a great color and looks even better in person.

Anyway, it's good to meet you, and hope to see more of you in your Kona Electric spaceships hovering around the roads of Massachusetts!

IMG_2838.jpg

R P, CJC and BC-Doc like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

Welcome Nigel!

I hear you— I took delivery on my Kona yesterday. It’s the Preferred trim (I haven’t seen the less expensive line available here in BC), also in ceramic blue.

I feel like I’m now living in a version of the cartoon “The Jetsons” from my childhood— the future has arrived and it’s now! It’s a pretty quick and slick ride.

I’m not an early adopter when it comes to tech as I prefer to wait a couple of generations of product life until the kinks are worked out. My take is we are there now and it’s now a matter of more of the general public realizing how good (and ready) EVs are.

My decision to switch over to an EV was pretty quick. EVs are eligible for $10k in government incentives where I live. There is also a program which is paying me $6k to junk our increasingly unreliable minivan that’s burning a ton of gas and now consuming oil. The “free” money which is available tipped me to into replacing my beater car before I likely otherwise would have.

Cheers,

BC Doc

electriceddy and nigels like this.
  4. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

BC Doc, you're to be congratulated on getting all those incentives. I missed out on the federal one and got a $5000 writedown instead, but I can't have any regrets for three extra months of fun.

BC-Doc likes this.