New 5G Phone that fits the Charging Dock ?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Apr 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I am in need of a new phone. My current Samsung S6 fits the Charging dock perfectly with little room to spare. So the newer S22 line won't nestle in that docking area and likely won't charge without laying flat. I realize I can use a USB charging cable, but sort of defeats the purpose of that feature.

Has anyone run into this - upgrading to a newer 5G Smartphone that actually fits that area? Seems like it must be no wider than 3-3.25 inches to rest in there. Stumped.. (honestly, Hyundai blew this one - should have made that area larger IMHO).

Thanks in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If it helps my 5G Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, measures 3 inches wide including the optional leather Samsung case.

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Thanks ... I went to Best Buy to scan available 5G phones. Actually there are several that seem to fit the 3" width .. which was my biggest issue. The Galaxy 22+ and Pixel 6 Pro both seem to fit .... before I pull the trigger, I'm hoping they'll allow me to actually fit one in my charging dock to make sure.

5. My Galaxy S22+ (in a slim TPU case by Spigen) fits and charges fine in my 2019 Ultimate.

6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Thanks Josh .... that was the set up I'm looking at .. I have the 2020, so hopefully not much change in the docking size.

7. To remove this ad click here.