Mysterious Orange Light ??

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by golfguy1963, Nov 27, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. golfguy1963

golfguy1963 New Member

Picked up my snow white pearl '23 Niro Wave several days ago. There is an unusual orange light that occasionally illuminates on top of the dashboard. I was told by dealer that it's security system related but not sure. Today while Niro was unlocked in my garage, I noticed the light was on. I then locked the Niro with the remote. The light stayed on ?? Yesterday, when I was near the Niro in my garage, noticed that the mirrors unfolded probably because I was nearby with the remote. Then when I was out of range, the mirrors folded up again and the light came on again. Does anyone have any ideas ?? Niro is 80% charged. I am attaching a pic of the mysterious light. Thanks 2023 Niro 2.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

A Kia EV forum member writes:
    If it's the light to the rightmost of the dashboard and orange/amber color it indicates the 12V battery is being charged by the main battery pack. This is a normal function. Mine seems to come on one every week or two. (That I notice anyway)

4. golfguy1963

golfguy1963 New Member

Many Thanks for this information. Just shows the dealer was clueless about what the light meant. Don't know why Kia chose not to put anything about this in the manual for the '23 Niro.