Miscellaneous observations

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Dec 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

1) I've noticed that the odometer on the HondaLink isn't updating as often as I used to think it did. Something like 500-1000 miles between updates. Not a big deal, and it may have always been like that, but I thought it used to stay pretty close to right.
    2) Just realized that seat warmers will move from high setting (3 lights) to medium (2 lights) automatically after a certain amount of time has passed. Hadn't noticed that before.
    3) I have never reset Range A on the car. I keep Range B setting to reset after every charge. That way I can track miles driven per charge and estimated miles of EV remaining easily. Range B will automatically track the miles driven every trip since it reset on charge, so I don't have to remember to reset it. I also like Range A never reset, since in the trip computer on the info screen you can pull up Range A estimated MPG. Since it is not reset, it is essentially the guessometer for the life of the car. A small wrench was thrown in this for me since the update of the SBs caused the Range A MPG to reset (but didn't reset the miles). Still, it is pretty close to accurate and if I never get another SB applied, it should just get closer and closer to the true value. Here's the interesting thing. On the dash display, Range A won't show more than 9,999 miles. I have 11,200 miles on the car and the dash just shows 1,200. The computer on the infotainment screen still shows 11,200 under the range A tab.

Just thought I'd pass on some trivia.

228ra likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks.

I do the same with Range B, reset after each charge.
    For Range A, I reset each time I add fuel.

4. squishycans

squishycans New Member

I also noticed in the manual
    4) When jump-starting, the negative alligator clip goes to chassis ground, not the negative terminal on the battery.

5. I always do this. Keep that spark away from the battery.

squishycans and insightman like this.