Mini app update: 2.11.0 - Dec 2022

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Dec 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I downloaded the updated Mini app version. They rearranged a little to put charging stuff in an "electromobility" screen, and added new IOS widgets for vehicle status and range, among other stuff.

Mini app 1.png

The new widget for range here in blue:
    Mini app 2.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Sadly even though they've added those features, still no eDrive info (trip data). That's apparently lost to time.

Here's a reminder of what was lost, some may have never seen this.

IMG_2779.PNG

F14Scott, Matt007b, CamFG and 9 others like this.
  4. endquote

endquote Active Member

The widget is cool. Next do a watch complication.

I haven’t seen that e-drive info, I would love to have that. The Metromile app will tell me about my trips (map, distance, time), but nothing about energy use.

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I had to do a home screen clean up, the first one in a while. Every time I add a widget, it moves icons to different pages, and my muscle memory and OCD combine to give me fits lol

6. SameGuy

YUL
    I believe that’s “Enigmatic Black.” ;) That’s the widget color if you enabled the seasonal theme; the default color is “Island Blue.” :cool:

GvilleGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

Wish I could get my efficiency to 5. Even driving like my dad all I can get is 3.3 or so.

9. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

I wish they’d pull their fingers out and add a lock screen widget like Tesla had to show battery charge level etc…

SameGuy likes this.
  10. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Battery % is the number I most want to see. The GOM sucks. I know exactly where I am with %, once I've found it. I have my light ring set to display charge but it's crude.
    My efficiency is down in the 3s this time of year.
    I gained a little once I noticed that my winter tyres had been filled with warm wet air. I've never seen tyres vary so much with temperature. It was raining and 60s when I had them fitted. Now filled with air from a cool factory, so dry-ish.

MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  11. SameGuy

YUL
    Lol I got mine in August, it was in the 90s. When I popped them on the car a couple of weeks ago they were at 24 psi! FWIW someone in the UK forum reminded me that the 16s should be set to 35/32 instead of the 17s’ 38/35.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Inflate tires with nitrogen, at Costco, if that’s an option. Nitrogen retains tire pressure better over time than compressed air.

Texas22Step, Matt007b and SameGuy like this.
  14. SameGuy

YUL
    That’s a LOT of Redi-Whip.

CoachCookie likes this.
  15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

This was discussed previously, I believe consensus is nitrogen is of dubious value. But hey, if it's free and it's not a bother, no harm.

e22mini and SameGuy like this.
  16. SameGuy

YUL
    Most dealerships and better service centres have massive dryers on their air systems.

17. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I agree. It's odd that they have the Mini app on Apple watch, but you can't select it as a complication for your watch face. But when you run the app it does show two screens - the lock status and the range/charge status ones. It even picks up on the color scheme from the app on the phone.

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What, is nitrous-oxide supposed to be even better than plain-old nitrogen? Won't it make my tires giggle?

19. SameGuy

YUL
    Interestingly, the widget for charging updates more frequently than the app itself. I went out to run a quick errand and left climatization on while I was away from the car for about 15 minutes, and used a total of 9% including 10 km of driving. I returned home and put away the shopping, and checked the Home Screen: the widget showed 91%, and the time I arrived and shut down. The app was still showing 100%, and the time was stamped when charging finished early last night. The app finally updated almost two hours later.

20. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Probably. I'd check my tire pressure (I use plain old air) but it's -40F with windchill right now and the air hurts my face. :eek:

21. SameGuy

YUL
    While iOS 16 has been in beta testing since July, and the MINI app was updated to 2.7.x in August, it still isn't fully compatible with iOS 16 — which was released to the general public a month later. 2.9.x and 2.11.x are still minor releases without iOS 16 additions.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  22. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

When I added the widget, it showed both range and remaining percent charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

23. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Is the smaller widget not available for Android? This is the only widget I can add:

[​IMG]

Battery percentage is the only thing I wanted D: