Known Issues - Please try to keep the thread lean :)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by robxb, Oct 21, 2019.

1. robxb

robxb Active Member

Hey folks, I am in the process of making a public Google document with known issues from the Kona Electric.

My goal here is to keep this thread as lean as possible. So please, if you want to post in here, do try to keep it limited to a description of the issue, a couple links to other threads or videos describing the issue, and a potential solution to it.

As I can't manage the thread itself, I can at least manage a Google Document to make it easier to find the key issues that will be brought up here. Feel free to add comments on the document. I will update it as I go along, with your help.

Here is the link to my Known Issues Google Doc.

Robbert likes this.
  2. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

This thread has been started on issues and fixes :
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/repair-issues-and-fixes.7097/
    if you feel like entering them .

Francois likes this.
  3. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Well-Known Member

My only issue is that the settings for regeneration in ECO mode seem to change on a irregar basis.. It used to change frequently when I first bought the car but it has only happened once in theast 2 months. I set regeneration for ECO mode to Level 3 and sometimes it goes back to Level 2 without me changing the settings. It hasn't happened for about a month now..

4. electriceddy

Knock on wood, mine has behaved lately as well.

5. BlueKonaEV

I got for the 3rd time already "Forward Collission Assist disabled - Camera Obscurred" on my way to work today. The warning went away after a few miles.. Checked the windshield where the camera is and did not see any obstruction.. Weird..

6. electriceddy

Were you driving into direct sunlight ?

7. BlueKonaEV

No, it was still dark outside.. 6 am..

8. Francois

Francois Active Member

Couldn't it be a sensor on the front bumper?

9. apu

apu Active Member

Bluekonaev's American SEL model does not have a radar sensor on his front bumper.

10. BlueKonaEV

Nope. I have the US SEL that does not have that sensor. The FKA works exclusively with a camera.

11. Wildeyed

Wildeyed Well-Known Member

Failed EPCU at 7 months. Replaced under warranty. Took a month.