Joffre Lakes Hike

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by R P, Aug 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. For those in the Vancouver, BC area, Joffre Lakes is a must hike if you haven't done it before. My wife and our grandkids did it yesterday. Wow, what a beautiful place!! It was quite a climb to get up to the top (3rd lake), and the last part was a bit “technical” (hiking speak) with the rocks and roots (great for strengthening the legs and ankles). But the reward, with the views up top, were nothing short of spectacular. I can see, though, why the govt wants to restrict access and throttle back the volume of people going up there on the same day. It was indeed crowded, and had to go single file much of the way passing people going the other way. And this was a Monday. I suspect by next year it will be restricted (reservations and fees). Would be a bummer, because you want to pick the right day, sunny, but not too hot.

Topped up the Kona in Whistler on the way up, and then back in Squamish (had dinner there) on the way back. Was a very enjoyable ride with the great scenery all along the way. Could have skipped the Whistler charge, but we wanted to stop there anyway for a break and walk around the village. On the way back down from Joffre Lakes battery regen went up by 35 kms, and didn’t get used up until halfway back to Whistler. However, didn't note how many kms we used from that point to Joffre Lakes, so not sure what the net usage was. But seems the Kona is actually quite aerodynamic, despite its short and stubby shape. Total trip was 495 kms, and all free charging, of course. Was nice to see no other vehicles charging or waiting to charge (DC fast chargers) at both Whistler and Squamish.

DSC_0525 (800x450).jpg DSC_0527 (800x450).jpg DSC_0526 (450x800).jpg 68884766_10157600059433656_1677860267314118656_n.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Have to check that out when I'm there next time.. I've been to BC 6 times in the last 5 years.. Last year we were mostly in AB but also went to Yoho National Park which is in BC..

4. nigels

nigels Active Member

Wow, just wow! What stunning scenery, and what a great Kona adventure! Inspiring.