In Case the worthless Honda call center calls you about your lease and and early buy back....

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Chris Messer, Jun 21, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

DO NOT waste your time. The call center seemingly calls every single owner of every car saying the same BS line about giving a great deal to buyback early on the lease and trade for a newer model.

Granted I got this call 3 days for the discontinuation notice , but I can assure you it wouldn't have ended differently.

They called and told me they are short on used Clarities , and are offering a special discount to those with a lease to get into a new model at great discount. I said I want only the same car , same price or don't waste my time. She indicated to go speak with the rep and they'd be able to work it out.

I arrived at the dealership and gave the name of the person they mentioned on the call. Someone with another name came and took me to their desk. They proceeded to waste my time asking for all my info (this is the dealer where I bought the dang thing!). Finally he left and got my info from their system I assume. He came back and said even if I can find you a car you'll never be able to get it for the same price. I didn't even bother questioning, just said I guess we are done here and walked out. There is no coordination between these call centers and dealerships , it's essentially a cold call to get you in the door.

Side Rant:

I am really disappointed with Honda's lack of initiative in the EV/PHEV realm , and though I love my Clarity I am pretty confident I will be switching away from Honda vehicles when I decide to move on from the Clarity. I will never go back to full on ICE again , or even hybrid. Honda is years behind their competitors and just missed their chance to build on a great offering to kick the can down the road.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

I bet it was the dealer that called you and not Honda. Dealers need foot traffic to pump up their traffic for reporting.

JustAnotherPoorDriver likes this.
  4. Thanks for the info. Exactly what I would have expected.

Unfortunately, it is influential idiots who will determine what we drive in the future. I thank Roger Waters for that term.

5. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Nah.. we just need excuse to drive our Claras

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

Agree, all about getting into the showroom - which apparently works on enough people they still use that "trick"...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

Claras?
    Really?