I’m not sure about this upcoming digital assistant

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Apr 11, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

“Mini, the British car brand owned by German automaker BMW, has announced a new “intelligent personal assistant” called Spike, based on the English Bulldog that’s appeared in some past Mini ads. Spike will make his first major appearance at the Shanghai auto show later this month where he’ll be integrated into the cockpit of the Mini Concept Aceman. We can’t help but agree with Jalopnik, which points out that the whole announcement has very “Microsoft Clippy” vibes, or maybe LG’s Bean Bird?”

mini-spike-personal-assistant.jpg
    https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/11/23678471/spike-english-bulldog-mini-bmw-aceman-countryman-cooper-personal-assistant

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Brits should sue MINI to force them to switch the digital dog from an English Bulldog to a Chinese Shar Pei.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  4. Brawndo

Brawndo Member

Maybe focus on making the car drive well instead, BMW.

F14Scott and GvilleGuy like this.
  5. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

I am hoping (praying?) that there's a toggle in the settings (or coding parameters) that will put Spike down (in a manner of speaking).

6. insightman

Will there will be a GWMMERCODE for BMW's transmogrified Great Wall Motor car?

SameGuy, Brawndo and GvilleGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Good point, Slim Shady Oaks.

I couldn’t resist; I see your fellow Michigander’s stage name every time I see your alternate handle.

insightman likes this.
  9. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

LOL!

Maybe said toggle will also display poor Spike in the backup camera as you drive away from his poor, lifeless doggie body?

insightman and SameGuy like this.
  10. insightman

upload_2023-4-13_18-5-32.png

fishbert likes this.